• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    So I've been back and forth, back and forth, couldn't decide which .22 to buy for a new plinker. Finally choose the S&W 22a yesterday when I saw the one I wanted at Bradis. Went back this morning and picked it up :rockwoot:They have the "plain jane" version on sale right now, mine was a little more b/c I wanted the bull barrel and camo version, but at $220 the regular one got a good looking over. Here she is:
    DSC00995.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

Went directly home, attached a red dot I had sitting around, picked up a few things, ammo, range bag, etc. and headed down to Martinsville Sportsmen Cons. Club to try and break it in. (This pistol is for the bowling pin shoots there this summer!) Beautiful day even though a little chilly.

I loaded up the mag and went to work. 4 rounds down range and the mag pops out. I put it back in, fire again, comes back out!! I fired the next 5 rounds with it coming out after one or two shots. Very discouraged I loaded it back up, ran fine the next 15-16 mags, or about 150-160 rounds total. After that first time through no more problems. No jams, no FTF, no FTE, ALL GOOD!!!!!!!! I put probably 120 rounds of CCI mini mags (HP) through first and another 40 or so of some older Federal bulk (non HP). Both worked well with no hiccups.

However that was only one of the mags that came with the gun. The second one WOULD NOT WORK AT ALL. I'm somewhat novice but the two mags look identical to me, one works perfectly the other not at all. It seems like it won't go all the way in and will for sure not lock in. Empty, full it didn't matter it just would not work. I guess i'll be on the phone to Bradis and/or S&W tomorrow.

I will say that this gun is going to be plenty accurate for my plinking purposes. With the red dot and rested my hands on bench I was able to put 10 shots inside 1.5" at 20 yds. I'm sure this could be improved. I don't know how long this red dot will last on the gun. I've got my eyes on a Sightmark Reflex holo, but i'll see how this works for now.

All in all I'm happy with the new toy, just hope I can get the mag issue fixed.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Nice palm trees!!

Lucky for me I figured out why one of my mags wouldn't work. Turns out I didn't realize the butt plate wasn't quite in the right spot. After i took the tension off the spring it clicked over a little bit and all is well!! I haven't shot it yet but seems to be fine now, I really wasn't looking forward to sending it in.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom