• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Does anyone own both of these to photograph the two next to each other? I can't find a shop that has both to compare.

I know the Glock is going to be bigger, harder to conceal, but how much bigger? I would prefer the Glock, but if its big enough to discourage me from carrying it all the time, I'll go with the Keltec. I am a tall, skinny guy, who's wife buys him slim fitting shirts.... I just don't think I can carry a 26 IWB.

I get mixed answers with regards to reliability between Glock and Keltec....

Also, if anyone has a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT as well, that would be cool to see pics of next to the other two as well....

I know its a lot to ask, but thanks! :)

Last edited:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have owned a PF-9 and a Walther PPS and got rid of both in favor of my M&P 9c for the same reasons.

Naturally the PF-9 is going to be a little more concealable due to it being thinner and lighter. However, I have found that I can carry my 9c (which is slightly bigger than a Glock 26) very easily IWB or OWB and the difference in performance is night and day. At the range, my 9c shoots about as well as a full size pistol. Very easy to control, accurate, and easy on the hands. The PF-9 is very snappy, uncomfortable, and not nearly as accurate (for me).

Just my personal experience.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I used to want a PF-9, the Glock is a little brick (and I like Glocks), but the Kahrs finally won me over. If you pick up a CW9, you won't be paying much more than you would for a PF9. I'm not positive on the size difference, but I think the CW is just a hair bigger than the Kel-Tec, but much thinner than the Glock. Although if you are carrying IWB, the Glock won't be an issue with the right holster. I regularly conceal a G23 in an MTAC with t-shirts, and I'm a small dude (5'4" and 150 lbs).

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I've had the same thoughts as you. I have a Glock 26 but am looking into Kel-Tek PF-9 for summer carry. Am also tall and slim so I know your problem with keeping the pistol covered.
    The Glock is just over a half an inch longer and almost no difference in height. The big problem is that the Glock is a half inch thicker.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I am going thru this right now, the CW9 is a little big for "everywhere" carry.

I really prefer a Glock 26 but I fear I may need to step down to a PM9 or maybe even a Sig P238 or similar. I guess a pocket pistol may be in my future.

I had a LCP with a Laser for a little while but it did not fit my hands, so I guess its back to the guns stores for more fondleage (I just made that word up :yesway:)

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I am going thru this right now, the CW9 is a little big for "everywhere" carry.

I really prefer a Glock 26 but I fear I may need to step down to a PM9 or maybe even a Sig P238 or similar. I guess a pocket pistol may be in my future.

I had a LCP with a Laser for a little while but it did not fit my hands, so I guess its back to the guns stores for more fondleage (I just made that word up :yesway:)

Did you try putting a grip sleeve on your LCP? I put a Handall Jr. on mine and trimmed it to fit and it gave a MUCH better grip on the weapon. Combined with an Armalaser, it is a great 2nd option for me as a BUG or for a quick out the door option.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Did you try putting a grip sleeve on your LCP? I put a Handall Jr. on mine and trimmed it to fit and it gave a MUCH better grip on the weapon. Combined with an Armalaser, it is a great 2nd option for me as a BUG or for a quick out the door option.

No, unfortunately I did not, but I will be looking at the Kahr P380 Kahr MP9, Keltec PF9, and Sig P238 and maybe the LCP again got a pocket gun

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I'm a small guy, 5'8 165lbs, and carried a Glock 26 for a long time with absolutely no issues. I also many years ago carried a kel-tec P11, and besides being a little lighter there was no noticable difference. I carry a Glock 36 now which is in between a 26, and 19 size wise in a Comptac Mtac holster. I am a firm believer in a good quality holster. I have a spare body for my Mtac that fits my full frame 1911, and it conceals extremely well. Whatever you decide just make sure you get yourself a quality belt, and holster. Also, I may catch some flak for this because Glocks are not known for there stellar triggers, but have you ever shot a kel-tec ?

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I just received my Belt Man belt and I have a DM Bullard IWB on hold, waiting on my to pick a gun.

I think the Kahr PM9 would be my choice if I had to do it right now. Slightly smaller & lighter than the CW9, but I have not held one yet

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    picture.php

lcp and pf9 on packs of gum if you can see them for reference a almost through in a firestorm 380 also but its just too thick i.m.o.

Last edited:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    picture.php

lcp and pf9 on packs of gum if you can see them for reference a almost through in a firestorm 380 also but its just too thick i.m.o.

Thant's not a PF-9, that is a P11.

I would like to try out a PM9 as well. I almost picked one up at one point on a trade, but the guy spent too much time hem-hawing on it and I just sold the other pistol.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Okay somebody has to say it...Glock vs. Keltec is no comparison. I love keltec's but the Glock still is preferred...and I have one of each brand, just not the models in comparison

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Hmm... good question. This is from Kel-Tec website:

P11

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Calibers: 9 x 19 mm Luger Weight unloaded: 14 oz. 400g Loaded magazine: 6 oz. 159g Length: 5.6" 142mm Height: 4.3" 109mm Width: 1" 26mm Barrel Length: 3.1" 79mm Sight radius: 4.6" 116mm Muzzle Energy Max: 400ft-lbs 540J Capacity: 10 + 1 Trigger Pull: 9 lbs 40N

PF-9

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Calibers: 9mm Luger 9x19mm Weight unloaded: 12.7 oz. 360g Loaded magazine: 2.8 oz. 81g Length: 5.85" 149mm Height: 4.3" 109mm Width: .88" 22mm Barrel Length: 3.1" 80mm Capacity: 7 + 1

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Here you go, PF9 vs. Glock 26:

Both Guns

4336501404_0b3013528d.jpg

From The Side

4336503344_f572a082c0.jpg

From Above

4336503918_ac76158e8c.jpg

The Glock 26 is not a pocket pistol unless you over 6' tall or are using the cargo pants pouches. It is just too wide not to print ridiculously. If you want to pocket carry and be discreet, the Glock 26 just can't cut it. Too thick.

Now as for reliability and control, the Glock wins hands down. I reviewed both in this thread and included videos. One shows the kind of fail a PF-9 can have. It also does not show any fails from the Glock:

Range Report: Glock 26 & Kel-Tec PF9

Go figure.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I sold my P3at and bought a PM9 instead. Better caliber and small enough to carry anytime.

You should definitely compare them side by side and at the range!

Buckaroo

Top Bottom