• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Had an opportunity today to shoot, for the very first time, my newly acquired Sig P-250 pistols!!!

Ammo used:
    147gr WWB JHP
    115gr S&B FMJ
    115gr Federal American Eagle FMJ
    115gr Remington UMC FMJ (green box)

ZERO failures of any kind with either frame assembly. ZERO. None. Zilch. Nada. Cero.

Impressions:

The Sub-Compact is much easier to handle than I'd anticipated. Very pleasantly surprised in this regard, too. The long DA trigger pull and subsequent full-length reset WILL take some getting used to. Just a different animal from my M&P and Steyr. However, despite being a long pull, it's SMOOTH and relatively light. These pistols don't have a manual safety, so their long pull does double duty...like Kahr's. I've not shot Kahr's Elite trigger...but the P-250 is lighter than the CW-40 I used to own.

I'd absolutely LOVE to have a magazine pinky extension for the SC, though...but I did OK without it.

The full sized frame makes for a BIG firearm. I don't have a G17 to compare...but I'd bet that they're VERY close in size judging by the few rounds I've shot from a G17.

Easier handling from the FS than the SC, too. Not surprising.

When I did my part, each frame was just about as accurate as the other. THE biggest factor in accuracy out of these pistols is to learn the trigger...something that I haven't done yet.

sub-compact.jpg

First ever shots with the Sub-Compact. 7 yds, 5rds per target. Order of shooting was: Top L = WWB, Top R = S&B, Bottom L = Eagle, Bottom R = UMC

fullsized.jpg

First ever shots with the full-size. 7 yards, 5rds per corner target, 15 for the center. Shot the corners first, clockwise, then reloaded and hit the center.shooting order is the same as the above photo. Center target was 5 each of S&B, Eagle, UMC.

sub-compact-2.jpg

My worst targets of the day! 7 yards, 5 rds per target. I THINK this represents the SC frame/slide + FS magazine. I am not positive, however. Know it was one of the Sigs, though... Top L = S&B, top R = Eagle, bottom L = UMC. I was drying to speed things up. Accuracy suffered. Not rapid fire...just trying to be faster with the trigger pull.

250-2.jpg

250-3.jpg

250.jpg

-J-

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Had an opportunity today to shoot, for the very first time, my newly acquired Sig P-250 pistols!!!

Ammo used:
    147gr WWB JHP
    115gr S&B FMJ
    115gr Federal American Eagle FMJ
    115gr Remington UMC FMJ (green box)

ZERO failures of any kind with either frame assembly. ZERO. None. Zilch. Nada. Cero.

Impressions:

The Sub-Compact is much easier to handle than I'd anticipated. Very pleasantly surprised in this regard, too. The long DA trigger pull and subsequent full-length reset WILL take some getting used to. Just a different animal from my M&P and Steyr. However, despite being a long pull, it's SMOOTH and relatively light. These pistols don't have a manual safety, so their long pull does double duty...like Kahr's. I've not shot Kahr's Elite trigger...but the P-250 is lighter than the CW-40 I used to own.

I'd absolutely LOVE to have a magazine pinky extension for the SC, though...but I did OK without it.

The full sized frame makes for a BIG firearm. I don't have a G17 to compare...but I'd bet that they're VERY close in size judging by the few rounds I've shot from a G17.

Easier handling from the FS than the SC, too. Not surprising.

When I did my part, each frame was just about as accurate as the other. THE biggest factor in accuracy out of these pistols is to learn the trigger...something that I haven't done yet.

sub-compact.jpg

First ever shots with the Sub-Compact. 7 yds, 5rds per target. Order of shooting was: Top L = WWB, Top R = S&B, Bottom L = Eagle, Bottom R = UMC

fullsized.jpg

First ever shots with the full-size. 7 yards, 5rds per corner target, 15 for the center. Shot the corners first, clockwise, then reloaded and hit the center.shooting order is the same as the above photo. Center target was 5 each of S&B, Eagle, UMC.

sub-compact-2.jpg

My worst targets of the day! 7 yards, 5 rds per target. I THINK this represents the SC frame/slide + FS magazine. I am not positive, however. Know it was one of the Sigs, though... Top L = S&B, top R = Eagle, bottom L = UMC. I was drying to speed things up. Accuracy suffered. Not rapid fire...just trying to be faster with the trigger pull.

250-2.jpg

250-3.jpg

250.jpg

-J-

Nice report. I can use it as a model for my first trip to the range with the Taurus 709 Slim I bought on :ingo:.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Thanks for the good report for the P250. I own the P250 9mm Compact, love it, feels great in the hand and makes me (a beginner) look like a good shooter haha. I did find out from my last range time that mine hates 115gr Remington UMC FMJ (green box) - double feeds like crazy. All other ammo, no problem at all. Glad I found this out early!

I know P250s have had their share of problems, but mine was made late last year and so all the updates were incorporated. The trigger does take some getting used to, but it is VERY light and smooth for a DAO.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom