• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Had a productive evening at the range this evening. Went through about 150 rounds, concentrated on technique, and really improved my accuracy. Need to get my standards up to match the Glock, and then I'll be in good shape! :shoot:

Has anyone been to the Bluegrass Indoor Range in Louisville, KY? Just a 15 min drive from where I am in So. Indiana. Great place.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Too cold these days to go up to the forestry (although I went Friday and nearly froze). I have heard good things about it, and hope to try it out just after the new year.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Too cold these days to go up to the forestry (although I went Friday and nearly froze). I have heard good things about it, and hope to try it out just after the new year.

Are you talking about the outdoor range at Henryville? I went up there last month, but didn't think about taking my own targets, so it was a bust...Never got to shoot, and now (like you said) it's too darn cold.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I went to Bluegrass once, it was OK. Have you looked into OPEN RANGE / Welcome to Open Range Kentucky: Indoor Rifle Range, Indoor Pistol Range and 11,000 feet of indoor paintball Arena? It's in Crestwood up I-71. Farther, more expensive, but IMO worth it. Programable targets that randomly move and present. It's a really nice range.

I'll probably continue to go to Henryville/Clark State Forest throughout the winter, some recent training has shown the need to practice with gloves and layered clothes to be more important than I'd thought! ;)

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Yea, good old Henryville. I have a cousin that lives up there and he tried to go last Tuesday night and the place was packed. Had to go to his parents to shoot. I have only about 45 rounds through my gun, but dangit, I was just too cold to do any more than that.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I went to Bluegrass once, it was OK. Have you looked into OPEN RANGE / Welcome to Open Range Kentucky: Indoor Rifle Range, Indoor Pistol Range and 11,000 feet of indoor paintball Arena? It's in Crestwood up I-71. Farther, more expensive, but IMO worth it. Programable targets that randomly move and present. It's a really nice range.

I'll probably continue to go to Henryville/Clark State Forest throughout the winter, some recent training has shown the need to practice with gloves and layered clothes to be more important than I'd thought! ;)
    I saw that place on the news just last night. Its owned by a former actor from California. Looks like a cool place. Some of us southerners should get together at Henryville sometime. I've found that if I get there at the crack of dawn, it's pretty much deserted, at least for the first hour or so.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Is there any issue crossing from Indiana to Kentucky with handguns? CC permit honored or unloaded and locked up?
    Thanks

Top Bottom