• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Went to Popguns to shoot yesterday and while waiting to get on a lane (will someone please open another shooting range near hamilton county!!!) I went window shopping.

I won't buy anything from Pops because their prices are out of whack and they really jacked them up post election. In their Kel-tec case they had a Diamondback DB380 pocket pistol.

It caught my attention because it looked like a mini glock. It looked pretty cool and actually felt more substantial in my hand than a P3AT or LCP. It has a vertical grip angle.

They had it for $399 which was a chunk more than the Kel-tecs around it. I'm guessing other shops will have them for $325 to $350.

Has anyone shot one? I did some research online and the limited number of reviews were positive. I guess the Diamondback Air Boats company now has a firearms division and they are a mile from Kel-tecs home office (probably ex employees).

Just curious if anyone else has seen these and what they
    were priced at?

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Wyatt's in Cicero is working on it, but they're about a year behind schedule now.

Oh yes I know about Wyatts. I have nothing against them other than they tell me "two more months" everytime I call and I've been calling for over a year.
    I know it will never happen but I just wish for a super range near hamilton county. 20 lanes for pistol and .223 rifle. I'm not sure about the business model and profitability but I know it would be packed.

Butch 066

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Diamondback 380

I recently purchased the Diamondback 380 and I must say the first 100 rounds went very well and accurate. The pistol never gave me any trouble and all of the shot patterns I fired were tight.
    I bought mine online from Buds Guns. I paid $322.00.
    I am very satisfied with it.

[qu
    ote=Bronsonbull;683010]Went to Popguns to shoot yesterday and while waiting to get on a lane (will someone please open another shooting range near hamilton county!!!) I went window shopping.

I won't buy anything from Pops because their prices are out of whack and they really jacked them up post election. In their Kel-tec case they had a Diamondback DB380 pocket pistol.

It caught my attention because it looked like a mini glock. It looked pretty cool and actually felt more substantial in my hand than a P3AT or LCP. It has a vertical grip angle.

They had it for $399 which was a chunk more than the Kel-tecs around it. I'm guessing other shops will have them for $325 to $350.

Has anyone shot one? I did some research online and the limited number of reviews were positive. I guess the Diamondback Air Boats company now has a firearms division and they are a mile from Kel-tecs home office (probably ex employees).

Just curious if anyone else has seen these and what they
    were priced at?[/quote]

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I picked one up from a fellow mwmber..Its a pretty fun gun to shoot.Plus the sell a wallet style holster for them which makes it even better to carry around

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I just did some reading up on them and they actually look pretty nice, as long as you get one of the newer ones.
    I might be looking to try to pick one of these up at the 1500 in a few weeks...

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Here's my little story on the DB! Purchased one of the first versions a little after they came out. Stuck it in the safe for quite awhile and never shot it. I had also posted it here in the classifieds for awhile, glad no one bought it!

and here is why...

Finally decided to go shooting, my wife and I-
    Didnt have much time so we ran over to H&H and used there indoor range.
    Im just mentioning H&H because there is a thread on them as we speak, and thats where I bought it from.

Well the wife was shooting the Sig and I busted out the DiamondBack. (Just remember its the first issue, silver mag release/silver trigger.

First couple mags went ok, nice tight groups, great trigger pull, etc. I was shooting PMC FMJ's-
    Then the problems started, failure to extract almost after each and every round-:xmad:

So I disassembled it, put a little lube and started up again-
    No luck! It got to the point that I couldnt even pull the slide back to eject the spent round! I had enough!

Talked to the owner, told him the problem, he said he would call for a call tag and to bring the gun back. The next day I got the call and I dropped off the gun.

It took DB about 5 business days to return my gun. To my suprise they just replaced the entire 380! It was their newer version-black trigger/black mag release. To me, that was some good CS!

In fact I took it directly from the case and put 200rnds of that same PMC ammo without one hiccup! The gun shoots flawlessly!

So thanks to H&H and DB for taking care of their customer! :rockwoot:
    Sorry for such a long post but I wanted you guys to know the experience I had.

Top Bottom