• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    I would like to know if anyone has shot a Sig 250. I am looking to buy one and I need feed back on functionality. I really like the purpose of this gun but with out shooting it I really don't know.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I have the compact version. Love it. I've only shot a half dozen different handguns, but I'm told that the trigger is as close to 1911 smooth as you can get. I actually really like taking it apart to clean it. Putting it back together is a challenge sometimes, though. :): It eats just about anything, and the only FTFs I've had have been user error or intentional (dummy rounds to practice tap-rack-bang with). HTH.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Good functioning gun overall.

The trigger is unique and does take some getting used to. It's a longer continuous pull (ala revolver), but the pull is very smooth and comparatively light. Reset is all the way back out.

The beavertail is nice for preventing slide-bite, but I generally prefer a lower bore axis.

The one place I feel this particular guns fails, is its 'versatile' marketing hype. Sure, it's got a swappable trigger group, but you'd have to buy an entirely new slide and frame to get another gun, which is $$$. You'd be better off just buying a whole 'nother gun with its own trigger group and then have two guns.

As long as you're willing to accept the P250 by itself, its a fine weapon.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I shot a buddy's P250 last year and liked it. What price are they going for these days. I was going to get one and then I tried a SP2022 and also really liked. I bought the SP2022 because they are $439 with tritium night sights shipped and I wasn't going to use the trigger group swap of the P250.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I found one online for $429 with two mags and a free holster.:twocents: IDK if sig still ships with only one mag but last I checked they still do so thats a great deal considering extra mags are $50 a pop:noway:

shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    Sig is going to start shipping with two mags but I found factory mags cheap. and my price is siilar to what you got the sp2022 for.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    I have a Sig 250 in 45ACP. Great gun! If you have shot revolvers DA you will love the trigger. Super easy disassembly/assembly and cleaning. Once you get the feel of the DA trigger (when it is going to break) it is very accurate.

USAShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    I love mine. I bought mine from Beech Grove Firearms and I was there on Saturday and they have another one for $579.00. Thats the cheepest I have been able to find a sig P250 with night sites

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    FWIW, the Federal Air Marshals just adopted the P250 in 357SIG, which AFAIK is the first .gov contract for that model. I wouldn't be surprised to see SIG Sauer use that as a major marketing tool in the next few months. Will be interesting to see if that helps save/revive interest in the P250, and if SIG raises the price.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The one place I feel this particular guns fails, is its 'versatile' marketing hype. Sure, it's got a swappable trigger group, but you'd have to buy an entirely new slide and frame to get another gun, which is $$$. You'd be better off just buying a whole 'nother gun with its own trigger group and then have two guns.

It makes more sense in places/countries where having ONE gun is hard to do.

Top Bottom