• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been carrying my issued Glock 22 with a Surefre X300 OWB every day for the past five years at work. I decided it was time for a change so I ordered in a new Gen4 G19 last week. My Surefire xc-1 showed up today and I'll be ordering an Agency Arms magwell and new sights by the end of this week. I'm thinking pretty seriously about the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights but haven't made up my mind just yet. Once my go to holster artist has a mold up and running I'll be buying an OWB with a 10° cant and possibly an AIWB also. Looking forward to a dragging a slightly smaller/lighter package around all day every day and it's always good to get a new gun. :)

4E8C7F16-8E78-4E09-8C5A-11C767A79CBC_zps4r2xbr3r.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looking forward to a dragging a slightly smaller/lighter package around all day every day and it's always good to get a new gun. :)
    I think you Denny'd your own punch line there. :D

More seriously, any concern about 9mm mags v. .40 interchangeability?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    More seriously, any concern about 9mm mags v. .40 interchangeability?

Not sure I understand what you're asking, they aren't interchangeable other than using the same mag pouches.

Not a bad set up at all, how do you like the XC1 so far?

I love the size and weight and its sufficiently bright but the mounting system leaves a bit to be desired and the toggles look like they could be a little fragile. Time will tell. I'm a little starry eyed at the moment as I never thought I'd see a quality compact handgun light hit the market.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not sure I understand what you're asking, they aren't interchangeable other than using the same mag pouches.
    Ah, right... sorry.

With the G22, being .40, any other .40 magazine would work - other than the really short ones. So, in a stuff-hit-the-fan situation, you could borrow another officer's magazine.

With the G19, being 9mm, that isn't an option.

Of course, that might not really be the focus if in that kind of situation.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

I love the size and weight and its sufficiently bright but the mounting system leaves a bit to be desired and the toggles look like they could be a little fragile. Time will tell. I'm a little starry eyed at the moment as I never thought I'd see a quality compact handgun light hit the market.

Let us know how that light preforms. I've not seen that one before, I'm going to look into it. The only thing that's stopped me (and a metric ton of other I'm sure) from carrying with a light attached is the size and weight of them. I've got a generic China-mart light on one of the downstairs pistols. It doesn't get carried though. It fills the role of possum assassination pistol when needed. The usual carry Gun, an OD Green gen 3 Glock 19, is carried with night sights and a Fenix PD-32 UE in the pocket.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm hoping to hear of your feelings towards the light after you've had it a while. I saw one of those the other day for the first time and really like the idea of a true conceal carry light. I hope to hear good things about it as you run it through it's paces.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ah, right... sorry.

With the G22, being .40, any other .40 magazine would work - other than the really short ones. So, in a stuff-hit-the-fan situation, you could borrow another officer's magazine.

With the G19, being 9mm, that isn't an option.

Of course, that might not really be the focus if in that kind of situation.

I'm with ya now. If I were working the street, or did any real police work at all lol, I'd carry a .40 for that very reason. I'm just a do nothin admin puke now.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Another question: Is the G19 going to be the issue pistol for IMPD officers going forward? Or is this your own personal gun that just happens to be on an approved-for-duty list?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Excellent choice! That light looks real nice for cc, I have a Streamlight Tlr-3 on mine and it's short enough but otherwise fairly large I think. Congrats on the new blaster, probably my favorite handgun!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Any particular reason for choosing those sights?

It's all about the front sight. The yellow (orange ring works well also) grabs my eye faster than a white ring, I pick it up in my peripheral vision sooner as I'm bringing the pistol up in front of my face. I don't look at the tritium dots unless I can't make out the silhouette of the sights so the subdued black rings around the rear vials is less distracting.

What rounds are you going to carry in it. when I carry my Glock 26 I have it loaded with Speed Gold Dot 124 +p

Federal 147gr HST for me, the Gold Dot would be my second choice but it would also be in the standard velocity 147gr offering.

Another question: Is the G19 going to be the issue pistol for IMPD officers going forward? Or is this your own personal gun that just happens to be on an approved-for-duty list?

Negative. This is my personal gun which is on the approved list. Uniformed officers must carry the issued Glock 22 while on duty/in uniform, those who don't work in uniform have a pretty broad allowance on what they can carry.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I like the sights you chose. I'm curious on the list for approval for carry. Are there any other manufacturers on the approved list?? (Sig or S&W?) and I'm not trying to start a brand war. I love my Sig P229s, but I would prefer a Glock 19 or 23 for EDC - lighter weight being the major factor.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We got away from approved manufacturers and models a few years ago. There were so many new pistols hitting the market that we couldn't keep up. We have limits on calber (.38 through .45), barrel length, trigger pull weight and action type (no single actions) and no lasers. We recommend officers carry a Glock or something very similar and we strongly urge them not to carry a POS but that's it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Man I wish I I would've seen this thread earlier. I HIGHLY recommend the Hackathorns. Sight acquisition is quick and natural. I love them on my 19. I can't imagine me ever having another sight. Let me know if you want your trigger loved on.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Man I wish I I would've seen this thread earlier. I HIGHLY recommend the Hackathorns. Sight acquisition is quick and natural. I love them on my 19. I can't imagine me ever having another sight. Let me know if you want your trigger loved on.

These aren't too far off from the Hackathorns, basically just getting tritium vials in the rear for extreme low light.

I gotta stick with the factory trigger. I've worked over a few but can't do it on my issued gun and I value consistency above most everything when it comes to shooting. I appreciate the offer though.:)

Top Bottom