• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Back in October of 2014 I posted a thread about being very excited because after over 27 months of waiting, my Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Pro had finally arrived:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/361153-happy-day-woo-hooo-3.html#post5340791

Back in June of 2012 when I placed the order, I had actually ordered 2 Tactical Supergrades. I had ordered another one that was a full size in high polish blue. But after mulling it over for many months, I decided it would be more practical for carry to get one in stainless instead, I also changed the size from full size to 4 inch like the first one. The order change delayed the order. But finally, 3 1/2 years later, the other half of the order is finally here!

I am probably done buying guns for quite some time! :)

Finished%20Pair%204_zpsimjutdhl.jpg

Finished%20Pair%203_zpsan2mbbud.jpg

Finished%20Pair%202_zpsntgwp8po.jpg

Finished%20Pair%201_zpshljobubo.jpg

Finished%20Pair%205_zpsddejgku7.jpg

Finished%20Pair%206_zpsrz8o9xri.jpg

Finished%20Pair%207_zpsjggkkbgh.jpg

Finished%20Pair%208_zpstokkslpj.jpg

Finished%20Pair%209_zps41nx8haq.jpg

Finished%20Pair%2010_zpsjbpn9hbo.jpg

Finished%20Pair%2011_zpscwqxtsjg.jpg

Finished%20Pair%2012_zpsaedrvrk5.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Done buying for awhile? My wife asks me that with every purchase! :laugh:

Congratulations! Nice addition to your collection.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Thanks!

Done buying for awhile? My wife asks me that with every purchase! :laugh:

Congratulations! Nice addition to your collection.

Well, seeing hows the wife has been very patient with me up until now, and she's really wanting to make a move to a different house, I would say I need to put the gun purchases aside for a while. :)

WoW. If I had 1/2 of that I'd say I had a hell of a collection.

I really appreciate that. I almost feel guilty about buying two. Did I say "almost"! :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Are you crazy man? Do you know how many Glocks I could've bought for the price of those two? Seriously though. Those are definitely "WOO-HOO!" pistols. Nice. :yesway:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    That's a lot of waiting, but those are very nice.
    Ever go over to Indiana Gun Club?
    They have ton's of Wilsons, Ed Browns, Nighthawks, Christensen, and Guncrafter 1911's in stock.
    It's quite a site to see

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    :+1:
    Very nice! Both are beautiful pieces.:faint:
    Thanks! I'm going to enjoy owning and shooting them!

Awesome pair! Congratspsyko
    Thanks. One of my reasons for switching the second one to a 4-inch size was that I thought it would be nice to have a pair. Besides, when it comes to 1911s, I've always been a little more comfortable with the 4-inch size.

Are you crazy man? Do you know how many Glocks I could've bought for the price of those two? Seriously though. Those are definitely "WOO-HOO!" pistols. Nice. :yesway:
    Nothing wrong with Glocks, I appreciate the functionality and ruggedness of Glocks. I own one and have been thinking about the new 43. But that's going to have to wait a while now. Like you I can appreciate the beauty of a fine weapon, no single manufacturer has a monopoly on that, never been a one brand kind of guy. This was something I waited for years just to order, the waiting after the order part was the short end of the wait.

Those are nice. Glad you're happy with them. I don't think I could ever wait 3 years for a gun. The 8-12 week wait on my Savage is killing me bad enough.
    The long wait isn't all bad when that big payment is waiting for you at the end of it! ;)

impressive!!!! I agree, I don't think I could wait that long, but they are gorgeous!!!!
    :yesway:

Awesome looking guns!!! Little pricey for my budget, so your pictures can help me dream :cool:
    Nothing wrong with dreaming, need that to make the long term goals a reality. That's exactly what I did for a long time. I made some decisions against some other pieces and other "things" along the way to make it happen. You will get there.

Those, are WONDERFUL !!!!!
    :yesway: Thank you sir, I am very happy to finally add these pieces to the collection.

very nice!!!!!!.....you'll have to post a pic of a target with one raged hole in the middle:rockwoot:
    The first one shot like a champ! The second one was a repeat performance! I'll save the target from the next range trip.

That's a lot of waiting, but those are very nice.
    Ever go over to Indiana Gun Club?
    They have ton's of Wilsons, Ed Browns, Nighthawks, Christensen, and Guncrafter 1911's in stock.
    It's quite a site to see

Not familiar with Indiana Gun Club. Where is it?

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've shot both of these pistols at the range and they are super nice. The first (blue) one I shot at an indoor range shortly after I purchased it. I just shot the stainless one at the Winamac 25 yard a couple weekends ago. No problems at all with feeding. I was using Federal premium 240 grain JHPs in both.

Just one note of interest. A deer ran into the front left tire of my truck the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was about 3am. Broke one of the deer's front legs and injured its snout, several broken ribs. I didn't see it but it was obvious what had happened. Did a U-turn and there is was writhing in agony in the snow. I called 911 and reported it, asked for permission to put it down, but the dispatcher said she could not give permission. After I hung up the responding officer called me on my cell phone and said he was about 20 minutes away. I asked if I could put the deer down and he told me to go ahead, he helped me load onto the bed of the truck when he arrived on the scene. I used the blue Wilson to put the deer down, one shot to the head.

Top Bottom