• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Today I got to put ~250 assorted rounds through my brand new glock 42.

I used mostly Winchester fmj ammo, some hornady custom jhp, and some federal jhp.

I was also using Magguts extra round magazine spring. (Making my factory glock 6 round magazines hold 7 rounds)

I only had two failure to feed which both happened within the first 60 rounds. Which I attributed to breaking it in.

I was very pleased with this gun. Accurate, low recoil.

I'd recommend it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I hope to put up a range report with pics soon but I wanted to add my experience with my new G42.

What at a fantastic little gun. Very little recoil, in fact I think the gun moves more in my hand solely from the weight of the slide moving that any recoil due to the round going off inside the gun! I could manage very good 6-shot groups from around 7-8 yards and was knocking down some steel plates at 15 + yards using nothing more than standard hand-loaded hardball.

It might be one of the most fun guns to shoot I own and as soon as my Raven Phantom arrives it will be my new carry gun.,

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Thanks to whoever edited the misspelling of report, that's what I get for posting on my phone. I really do like this gun so far. The 90 gr jhps had almost no recoil, it was nuts! I could raid fire very accurately much faster than with my cw9.

More to come tomorrow when I shoot it again.

Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Check out Traction Grips they make a nice stick on RUBBER grip decal , I don't like the Gen4 texture on the G 42 ...

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Another ~200 rounds of ammo put through the 42 today. No problems to speak of. Very accurate with quick follow up shots. Little recoil to speak of. I'd recommend this gun to anyone, especially someone who is new to carrying a firearm / new to pistols in general. I originally stated that I thought glock should have made this gun in 9mm and I wouldn't purchase one unless it was in 9mm. I retract this statement...I don't care how much more punch the 9mm has because I can empty a 7 round magazine plus one (thanks magguts) into the target with great accuracy in few seconds. I could not do that with my 9mm that I had before (same size gun just 9mm).

With good ammo this gun is very sufficient for personal protection. I use jhps that meet FBI standards for penetration.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Everything I have read says JHP .380 doesn't penetrate enough, which is why ball ammo is recommended instead.

I see you posted in that thread 9mm vs 380. Did you happen to watch any of the videos where they tested the ballistics of various 380 ammo? What about the 380 sucks video?

Just curious. Also, I meant earlier that 380 wouldn't be ideal for home defense because there are bigger handguns that are better fits, such as a full size SW, Sig, or glock. My glock 42 is ccw because it is small and does the job, I'd carry a bigger gun if I didn't want deep concealment. With that being a bigger gun it would most likely be in 9mm.

Needless to say the 42 does the job for me. I was jc if you watched any of the videos where 380 ammo was tested. Pretty interesting results.

Top Bottom