• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Howdy all, I'm looking to put some night sights on my M&P 9 and was wondering if there was a certain brand that you all could suggest. I personally like the 3 dot style, and I want a good bright set. Green on green, or green on orange, what do you prefer? I'm not 100% sure about XS Big Dot sights fitting into my duty holster, but I am also considering them as well. What say ye?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    img0686x.jpg

Ameriglo 3 dot with the orange post.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've used Big Dots, but i greatly prefer Ameriglo I-Dot Pros.

406237202.jpg

BTW, you don't have to worry about Big Dots fitting in a duty holster. They're not THAT big.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm definitely liking these. How bright are they? Do they seem to point natural?

The M&P points naturally for me regardless of sights. Ameriglo (as well as most night sight makers) use Trijicon vials, so they are all pretty much equal in brightness based on age. You'll always get the newest (brightest) sights by purchasing directly from the manufacturer.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just put Truglo on my Glock. I am really liking them so far. I have Green front sight and yellow rear.

I do wish I would've gone green and green. The green seems a lot brighter to me than the yellow in the dark but I'm loving them overall. :twocents:

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I just put Truglo on my Glock. I am really liking them so far. I have Green front sight and yellow rear.

I do wish I would've gone green and green. The green seems a lot brighter to me than the yellow in the dark but I'm loving them overall. :twocents:

You are right. The yellow is intended to be dimmer than the green, see here: TRUGLO

Last line of the description....

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I've used Big Dots, but i greatly prefer Ameriglo I-Dot Pros.

BTW, you don't have to worry about Big Dots fitting in a duty holster. They're not THAT big.

Chezuki,

I have seen you post this before. I am curious why you prefer those over the XS sights. I am currently an XS sight fan, but I am also willing to be open and consider options in the future if they make sense.

Top Bottom