• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I wondered, just now, the opinions of all you good INGO ppl.

If you had/have a glock, that you carry everyday, would/did you upgrade the sights?

If so, to what kind of sights, and why?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yes.

I've used Meprolight 3-dot night sights, TruGlo TFO tritium/fiber optic sights, XS Big Dot night sights, and Trijicon HD night sights, and Ameriglo Hack night sights.

I used them in that order as I searched for the best option for my eyes and brain.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I mod the stock sights for better visibility or replace with fiberoptic front and solid black rear.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I use a plain black rear sight (Novak) and a fiber optic front sight on my range Glocks. My everyday carry G30 now has Tru Glo TFOs which for my old eyes is the best day/night combo I have found.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I use Trijicon night sights (3 dot with white outlines) on my Glock 22, Ameriglo Operator Pro night sights (3 dot with white outline only on the front sight) on my 23 and will be installing XS std on my 27 next week.
    So far my my preference has been the Ameriglo Operator Pro. But will be interested to see how well the XS work.

Stay safe

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Care to elaborate on that? Ive been toying with the idea of upgrading the sights on my G22, but i wouldnt be opposed to modifying the stock ones first
    I updated my original post with a pic.. Black out all but a horizontal bar on the rear and then paint both sights with a really bright yellow/green fingernail polish. Nothing fancy but it jumps out for me much better than the stock setup and costs almost nothing.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Another thing that helps some older eyes is to slightly widen the rear notch.
    A single edge razor blade works best.
    Also, if you screw up :ugh:, the plastic sights are cheap. (If you can't find a "take-off")

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    My carry G19 has Warren Tactical sights on it, specifically the tritium front with a black Sevigny carry rear. One dot seems to result in faster target acquisition.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I invested in the XS 24/7 Express Standard dot sights for my G23 and I like them better than the Meprolite and Glock factory NS for defensive carry. Inside 25 yards they've proven to be both extremely fast and plenty accurate. I'm still adapting to them past 25 yds and only more rounds downrange are gonna get me where I want to be with them on that count. They certainly aren't target sights, though I know more than a couple of people that shoot them very well out past 50 yds.

XS Sight Systems
    std-ft-rt.png

Heck, I even put the Big Dot on my 870. They are just plain fast and easy at defensive range.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I think mdmayo sold me on the non-Big-Dot XS sights. I think the bigger dot version gives up too much precision of aim. The speed of the XS sights probably comes more from the design than the sheer size of the Big Dot.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't have any experience with the XS sights, but the big dot version seem application-dependent. If your goal is to land a string center mass as quickly as possible at 7 yards or less they seem just fine. I doubt anyone is trying to shoot bullseye with those things.

Top Bottom