Anyone got a source for M&P 22lr pistol mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yesterday Midway showed that they were going to have the 10 & 12 rounds mags back in stock. That didn't work out, so now I'm back at square one. Granted I ordered several from the S&W website at the end of December, but apparently I wasn't the only one and I can't really count on those to show up any time soon. So, if anyone knows where I could buy a couple I'd appreciate the heads up. Currently I've just got the one that came with the pistol and it's so lonely.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, I've seen them selling for close to $100 a piece shipped. I'm not that desperate, but it does make the ones 44mag.com had at $40 each seem much more reasonable.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Still looking. It's getting kind of sad. Even the ones I ordered from the S&W website haven't shown up and that's been since the end of December. What's funny/sad is that the mags are going for around $100 on gunbroker, but the pistols are going for around $350 again. If this last much longer I may just have to buy another pistol.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've checked the local shops, if you know of a place that has them I'd be happy to pay someone to purchase & ship them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I can say is- I feel your pain. I bought my M&P 22 in November and got a second mag from Midway later that month before the nuttiness ensued.

If you are lucky enough to find a 10 round, get it- it is easily turned into a 12 round.

rcs36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Midway Notify Me

I would go to Midway and put in #369758 in the search box. It will bring up M&P S&W .22 LR 12 rd. Out of Stock. Over to the right is a notify me box when it comes in. Put in your e-mail. You will be notified when they come in. You will not be obligated to buy them, therefore when you are notified you have to reply quickly, as it is first come. first serve basis. The price was $26.99. I did this on another hard to find magazine and was notified in a couple of days. It is worth a try. It says that the estimated arrival date is 03/22/13. It could come in sooner like mine did. You can keep trying this until you get a couple. They will only let you order two at a time. It is a pain but better than E-Bay prices.:twocents:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I would go to Midway and put in #369758 in the search box. It will bring up M&P S&W .22 LR 12 rd. Out of Stock. Over to the right is a notify me box when it comes in. Put in your e-mail. You will be notified when they come in. You will not be obligated to buy them, therefore when you are notified you have to reply quickly, as it is first come. first serve basis. The price was $26.99. I did this on another hard to find magazine and was notified in a couple of days. It is worth a try. It says that the estimated arrival date is 03/22/13. It could come in sooner like mine did. You can keep trying this until you get a couple. They will only let you order two at a time. It is a pain but better than E-Bay prices.:twocents:

I've been watching Midway for a while now. The last time they said they'd have the mags in stock they were showing that that they'd be available on 2-7. That day came and went without a single mag showing up in stock and the next day they started showing the current 3-22 date to expect them back in stock. I'm watching that date and I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not all that confident that it's going to work out. Normally Midway is as reliable as a person could ever hope for, but in today's panic buying there's just no consistancy to the market.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I have been registered for 3 months at over 10 sites to be notified when they come in stock. Not once.

Finally broke down and started watching gun broker everyday, got one at a buy it now price $55.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's sad that in hindsight $55 per mag almost looks like a great deal just to have a second one. It's been two full months since I placed the order with S&W's website. I can't imagine that two months from now we'll still be in such a politically crazed gun buying panic, but we could be. As much as I really hate to say it, I'll just have to keep making due with a single mag for now.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In case anyone if following this thread, I've seen some of these mags on ebay & gunbroker going for the $75 price range. I'm not saying that's a good price by any stretch, but I am going to say that it's heading the right direction. Hopefully in another month or less these will be available again at reasonable prices.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well, I finally broke down. I saw a mag on gunbroker for $55 shipped and I took it. It's a shame, but I have yet to hear from S&W about the mags I ordered directly from them in Dec and I doubt the market price is coming down on these mags any time soon. I paid $55 to have a second mag. If I already had a few there's no way I'd have paid that amount for it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    FYI - There's a guy on gunbroker selling the mags for $40 shipped as a buy-it-now. The pricing still isn't where it was in the good old days, but it's better than paying over $100 for a single mag.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    look on gog. you need to either call them or have them ordered to a local store. they have been going in and out of stock for weeks.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    Keep your eye on ebay, I scored a 10 round M&P 22 magazine for $32 (S&W price) with free shipping. Not the greatest deal, but not too bad.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Might try Big Daddy's over around the New Castle / Richmond area. Someone else had posted that they just got some pistol mags.

Top Bottom