• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Are hipoint guns comfortable to shoot? I know people tend to have "developed" opinions about them, but I look at them and think the grip is probably comfortable for someone with arthritis. Your thoughts?
    :dunno:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I've shot both the .40 and .45 and neither one was bad. I found the weight negated some of the recoil and the fat grip made them easy to hold.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I've shot both the .40 and .45 and neither one was bad. I found the weight negated some of the recoil and the fat grip made them easy to hold.

That is what I figured about the grip. So would you say that they are heavier than the standard 1911?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Yep, they are heavy enough to use as a boat anchor in an emergency! :) I found them to be a lot of fun to shoot, ugly but fun.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    My C9 was very comfortable to me. The grip is huge like the rest of the gun, which made it easy for me to get the perfect grip on it.

I'm sure the size of your hands matter so if I were you, I'd go handle one and see how you like it. :)

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    naw, everyone seems pretty laid back here on ingo :).

i own the 995 carbine and a jhp 45 handgun - theyre my beaters.

honestly the handgun is pretty laid back in terms of recoil because of the overall tankishness as above stated. the triggers break pretty decently as well.

the carbine in the ATI stock is pretty much a pop can's worst nightmare. fun gun, that one.

i had the chance to shoot the 380 last weekend, regular winchester white box 95 grain. i thought here comes double feed city. but it actually didnt skip a beat.

to be brutally honest, i wouldnt stake my life on it in a carry situation. but for anything else they make a neat point and shooter. good warranty as well.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    share your problem and just bought a hi-point 40. Liked the way it pointed and had no problems with the ergonomics of the grip and trigger. For a low dollar gun it does what it was designed for and fits me well.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have been looking at some 45's, but due to some unforseen medical bills I may just end up buying the Hipoint 45. It is freaking ugly, but it is what it is. Cheap.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Are hipoint guns comfortable to shoot? I know people tend to have "developed" opinions about them, but I look at them and think the grip is probably comfortable for someone with arthritis. Your thoughts?
    :dunno:

Come on... It's not like you're asking about a *Glock* or something.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I say if you want one, get one. They are going to be under $200 out the door so if it's not to your liking you could sell it and not be out a whole lot. I have spent a lot more on a gun and ended up not liking it only to sell it for a lot bigger loss. I have read generally positive things about their 9mm pistol and their exceptional customer service.

Top Bottom