• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it is a Fusion frame 60's Colt slide,Colt 70 series barrel and a bunch of parts i had lyin' around..trigger is great 4 to 41/4 # pull......no creep...full length guide rod ......put it together over the last 3 weeks.....have only ran 10 8rd mags threw it so far......think i have to stiff recoil spring in it out of the 10 mags 2 wouldn't lock back on last rd......but i'm shootin' low V 230gr target loads.....i'm happy so far:patriot:

2vt7gph.jpg

2gt98v4.jpg

23lxe9y.jpg

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yeah, get a stainless looking barrel bushing, that thing would look **** tight. :yesway:

How much did the Fusion frame set you back? :) Where did you get the donor slide?

got the frame used from a guy on THR..$140.00 + FFL ...the slide was from 2 1911's that i bought off auctionarms that where parts guns.....1 was a 1943 colt that had some kitchen table smithin' done on it.......the other frame is a Crown City arms......it's on a Mech-Tech 45ACP carbine.....here 1943 is after some fine tunin'...

wbzyw7.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    It more than likely wouldnt lock back because of the extended slide stop.... i see that problem day in and day out.... try to load just one round in the mag and fire SEVERAL times being sure to keep your thumb off of the slide stop and see if it will lock back.... if thats your problem, which it probably is, you owe me some rep.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    It more than likely wouldnt lock back because of the extended slide stop.... i see that problem day in and day out.... try to load just one round in the mag and fire SEVERAL times being sure to keep your thumb off of the slide stop and see if it will lock back.... if thats your problem, which it probably is, you owe me some rep.

+1 that is exactly what I was going to suggest. I have the same problem with a similar slide stop.

Where are the slide stop and safety from?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Nice build!
    ....thanks!!

How many hours did you put into it?
    ...about 45....

Where did you get the grips?
    ...got them used from a guy on 1911forum.com..

....the recoil spring was to heavy....dropped it 2 #'s from 16 to 14 and now locks back every time so far.....i'll know more after about 1k.....ran 10 more mags threw it yesterday evening.....

Where are the slide stop and safety from?
    ....got them in a grab bag of parts i bought from a guy on M1911.org...don't know who made them...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    how much are you into the gun for.... the last 1911 i built i spared no quality and ended up in around 1500 in parts and tools.... including the chamber reamer though.... ended up getting 1 ragged hole at about 10 yards.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    how much are you into the gun for.... the last 1911 i built i spared no quality and ended up in around 1500 in parts and tools.... including the chamber reamer though.... ended up getting 1 ragged hole at about 10 yards.

if i split up what i payed for the parts guns and what i payed for the frame and other parts i bought without my time in it i have around 400 buc's in it....haven't put it to paper yet and just been shootin' it for function.....but i have been hittin' a 12" steel plate @ 40y off hand off my back porch(drives the g/f nuts:D) and hit 6 of 8 shots in a mag.....

Top Bottom