• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    A picture is worth a thousand rounds.... First day at the range with the new PPS. Performed as expected, but this picture had to be shared. WWB rapid fire at 10 yards. Target paper is 8 1/2 x 11. No problems in first 150 rounds through the PPS.

2ihusyu.jpg
    [/IMG]

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nice group. The PPS is a sweet shooter.

I have got to try 3 different PPS guns in 40sw. I am not a fan of the 40sw round, but with this gun I am hooked. I want to buy one but funds are tight and it will be a while before I can get one.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I opened this thread thinking "Gee I wonder which one will do better".

I was not surprised.

Shootin is always fun!

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I have a PPS in .40 and I love it. It is my edc and right now it is a pocket gun (bib carhartts for winter). But when its not cold it is iwb. I have not had any problems out of mine. Mine was my college graduation present to myself.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

leedawg77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Kel-Tec

is it worth buying a keltec

I do think Kel-Tecs are well worth the money. My only gripe about mine is that I am not the fondest of the sights. I used a bullet laser to test my sights and they were off a very slight amount. I am no expert marksman either, so it could be shooter error. Kel-Tecs tend to be very reliable compared to others in that price range. You will find plenty of positive reviews on them on YouTube, etc. They have a following.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I do think Kel-Tecs are well worth the money. My only gripe about mine is that I am not the fondest of the sights. I used a bullet laser to test my sights and they were off a very slight amount. I am no expert marksman either, so it could be shooter error. Kel-Tecs tend to be very reliable compared to others in that price range. You will find plenty of positive reviews on them on YouTube, etc. They have a following.

Kel-Tec PF-9's and P-11's are close quarters (i.e. conversational distance) self-defense pistols and most likely in those situations you are not going to be using the sights at such a close range.

If you want to see really tiny sights, the LCP are mere bump integrated into the slide

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    As you can see by my screen name, I love Walthers. I've found my PPS is easier to carry than my PPK. In 40, it's a bit snappy to shoot, but I would never part with it!! I also have all three clips sizes for it.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I just don't understand how Walther can make the timeless and beautiful looking PPKS... and then also create the ungainly looking PPS?

Why, oh why can't they make a slightly up-sized PPK in 9mm? (Old question I know...) Or simply a better looking PPS in 9 and 40?

It sounds like it shoots better than it looks I guess.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I am currently in the process of choosing my very first gun, and it boiled down to these two pistols in 9mm due to their slimness and ease of carry. I was leaning towards the PPS for its extra safety features, better mag release, better trigger, and better name, but now I am fully decided.

For some reason when I searched the site for "PPS" I got nothing, but thankfully Google got me here before I did something embarrassing like starting a PPS vs PF-9 thread of my own. I'm glad to see such positive reviews of the PPS; it seems like it is largely overlooked. People seem to recommend the Kel-Tec or the Kahr PM9 without even thinking of the PPS.

I go in tomorrow to get electronically fingerprinted for my LTCH, and hopefully I can get a reasonably priced PPS at the Jan 8-9 gun show at the Coliseum in Fort Wayne.

Thanks for the information, it has definitely helped me make up my mind.

BTW, can anyone recommend a good holster for carrying the PPS concealed?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Why would it be not worth it? You have to base a decision based on your own requirements and shooting ability...not someone else's.

I carry either a PF-9, a P-11 or sometimes an LCP...and not worried about it.

:yesway:

Just because the OP didn't shoot the Kel Tec well doesn't mean it won't shoot well for someone else. Unless the comparison shooting is done in a Ransom Rest or similar device it is not a true representation of accuracy. I will say given the cost of the PPS over that of the PF-9 I would expect a small increase in accuracy but the PF-9 is more than adequate for the job.

The PF-9 is also smaller in all dimension as well as being lighter making it much more friendly in the pocket. Even with an extra mag in the pocket holster this set up easily fits in the pocket of my carpenter and loose fit jeans.

pf9holster.jpg

As far as the parts breakage in the PF-9...I haven't had any problem with mine in several thousand rounds, neither has the half dozen or so I know of in the hands of friends. Like many new guns these days the first run did have some issues, much like the Ruger LCP but that was quite some time ago and those issues have been corrected. I have heard from a couple friends of mine about the spring on the PPS slide release coming off and locking the slide, this has happened to two friends of mine but these were early guns...perhaps the issue has been addressed and fixed by now.

I bought the PF-9 strictly as a pocket BUG, I have considered the PPS but it was large enough it was too difficult to get out of my pocket without a struggle, the PF-9 is the largest I am able to deploy in a reasonable manner. The Pf-9 is very worthy of purchase and I would suggest trying both not only in hand but try to see if they will carry well in the manner you plan on before buying either.

Top Bottom