• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ok, so I have permission to let the cat out of the bag. The old rendevous guns has been leased by Highsmith Guns. For those of you who dont know Mark has been a full time gunsmith for the past 26 years. He recently has been doing some work out of beech grove firearms as well. the new place will start with a VERY modest inventory, but as capital builds so will the inventory. We will also be a full service Gunsmithing location. Tentitive date to open is August 1rst. dont know all of the details but its out there now.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Where is that located? I heard there was a place on SR9 just South of 40.

thats it.... i dont know the exact address though bout a mile south of 40 on the west side of the street.... i will still be a part time employee (apprentice) for mark and probably get stuck on the retail side when there is someone in the store... we will see how that goes as i have a very bitter taste in my mouth from working retail at pops for about a year.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Praise the Lord and sell the ammunition! The address is 812 South State St.
    Indygunworks,could you re-align a revolver cylinder,reset barrel cylinder gap, re-cut a forcing cone?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not sure... the previos owner decided to voluntarily leave this world much to the dismay of his family and friends.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Was he a thin guy with glasses? There is/was a guy that set up at the 1500 with quite a few tables and always had a decent selection of military weapons, handguns and some Garand barreled actions and parts. I think his wife, a pretty dark haired girl, helped him. I know he was from Handcuff County/Greenfield.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Was he a thin guy with glasses? There is/was a guy that set up at the 1500 with quite a few tables and always had a decent selection of military weapons, handguns and some Garand barreled actions and parts. I think his wife, a pretty dark haired girl, helped him. I know he was from Handcuff County/Greenfield.

That sounds like them and their inventory.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    DAYUMMMMMMM.... He always had a decent selection and fair prices at the show. Never been to the shop. He never seemed particularly happy, but ppl say that about me too. I'll visit the new shop when it opens.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    He never seemed particularly happy
    Jack's inner demons were greater then his outer shell would let his friends know about them until it was to late.

He was a good guy, we miss him.

I in no way was knocking him. He was always pleasant to me and answered all my questions. I was just making an observation. You never know what someone is going through or may be bothering them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll come visit if I'm still in the area. Car and house are going slow so I probably will be.:)

Top Bottom