What are you a "fanboy" of? (related to guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    In other words. . . .

Who's kool-aid are you drinking? :koolaid:

We all do it to some degree, for a myriad of reasons. How about some humorous self-diagnosis?

Me?

• Glock pistols
    • LaRue Tactical anything
    • Aimpoint red dot sights
    • XS Big Dot pistol sights
    • 9mm
    • Ergo AR Suregrips

Last edited:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    In other words. . . .

Who's kool-aid are you drinking? :koolaid:

We all do it to some degree, for a myriad of reasons. How about some humorous self-diagnosis?

Me?

• Glock pistols
    • LaRue Tactical anything
    • Aimpoint red dot sights
    • XS Big Dot pistol sights
    • Integraholic
    Aww, thanks Evan.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    <---- Fanboy

* Busse Combat / Swamp Rat Knifeworks
    * Makarovs (real Maks. Not just pistols chambered for 9x18)
    * Keen
    * Arc'Teryx
    * Yakima > Thule
    * Nitecore

And, yes. 9x19. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    America! - F*** yeah!
    Fatherhood
    US Army
    Glocks
    RAT Knives
    Hoyt Bows
    Realtree Camo
    Remington 870
    CVA Muzzleloaders
    .40 cal for carry
    9mm for matches
    Oakley glasses/shades
    INGO
    Friday Night Steel
    USPSA Production Division
    Southport Cardinal
    Indianapolis Colts
    IU Hoosiers basketball
    Deer hunting
    Bass fishing
    Nike

Future fanboi of:
    M&P
    Kimber
    Busse

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm a hard headed Ahole, I won't fanboy anything,

I'm just about to start writing letters to every manufacture and tell them just because they make something black and call it tactical does not make it new or better

I've posted good things about my m&p but its because I have shot it and proven it and people around me know that I don't have too much of the "hot Brands" because there is a good amount of that stuff that does not give you the value per dollar of some other brands, Now that being said I have some branded stuff that has served me well and it looks like they have let their quality slip, and I've been burnt by some off brand stuff, But I've also been burnt by Fanboy stuff,

Like I said I'm a hardhead SOB and I'll listen and read and go put my mitts on them then try to get out and use someone else's but I will NOT buy something just because they are the HOT Brand.

I really think its a shame that there are fanboy's out there because that give a manufacture the license to throw out less than quality stuff and people buy it.

One thing I've found is that MOST equipment sits in the safe way more than its out shooting, and with the exception of some of the more hard core shooters I think there's alot of stuff especially AR's that people dump money into and it sit where they could have bought the bottom of the line AR and put the rest of the money into a 22 or something that they could actually shoot and get some skills and enjoy more,

That all being said IF a fanboy brand proves its actually better then I buy it.

So since I've told you I'm not anybody's b**** here's the stuff that I pimp out

1. M&P's
    2. Burris products All of them, they don't let me down and other people hate them for no reason than they've drank other brand koolaid
    3. Dillon reloaders Nobody can convice me any other brand is worth buying because I've owned the others and they were sold to fund dillons
    4. Dell PC's, I've had great service from every one I've ever had, Can't say that about HP or any other brand's Ive had
    5. Nikon DSLR- owned other brands and made it a point to shoot other brands, and every one of them is a good product but Nikon has my business
    6. Cabela's super slam clothing- it's kept me warm and dry when others havent'
    7. Remington- Rifles are good and can be made better, the 870 can't be improved End of story(yeah I know they can but give me this one)

there's more but there's enough here for people to hate me already plus track down my other posts and you'll find I really kind of hate everything and not a very good person on top of it

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    .22 CCI & everything
    .223 PMC & AR's
    HP Wolf & AK's
    My tripod
    Appleseed