• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    ATF Consumer, BloodEclipse and myself were at Wilbur Wright range today enjoying thinning the zombie race a little bit....and a few clays. :D

Met a few other INGOers there as well, forgive me for not remembering everybodies names, I recall Boiler but draw a blank on the others. Also was able to pass out a few INGO business cards for prospective new members.

It was a great time, thanks goes out to ATF Consumer and BloodEclipse for allowing me to join in their fun day at the range. I'll definitely be going back there again...maybe with something automatic....an loud...that eats shells like there's no tomorrow and makes powder out of clays. :): :yesway:

Not great pics but taken on a crappy Blackberry, but better than nothing.

2woynhz.jpg
    2vlsdty.jpg

t99zkx.jpg

x3a69y.jpg

11iij9c.jpg

2jbt8g4.jpg

200tv9s.jpg

biufls.jpg

6zve41.jpg

2e240eu.jpg

24mgl8y.jpg

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I agree it was a great time. I was glad to be able to meet some more of the INGO family and with any luck we recruited several more.
    I was trying my best today to spread Evil Black Rifle Disease. I think it's much easier to catch than swine flu.
    RogerB found his groove at the trap range and now will need another shotgun :)
    The weather was great and the end result was lots of lead down range with several less Zombies for society to worry about:ar15:.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Awesome! Great pics, man this makes me want to go to the range bad! But I still have some 220 swift to load up before my dad and I can go. The 220 and 7mm will be the toys for the day, as well as the shotguns and clay pigeons. Hopefully next weekend!
    Thanks for the pics Roger!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice bumping into you guys. Great day for it. The Glock 19 was as nice as I had hoped. (Thanks JT!)

The Mossberg rifle was perfect for my son....until SOMEONE just HAD to bring over the Sub2000! :) Now, he's already talking non-stop about the Sub2000. (sigh, perhaps his allowance can be saved up for one)

Thanks for letting us try out your gun, and killing some of YOUR zombies! Made a good day even better.

Here are my pics to add to the group. The one with the square and the not-so-bad grouping was me actually trying after getting comfortable with the Mossberg. Might be sighted in for 100 yds, not the 50 we were shooting. We forgot our spotting scope to help with that.

Gallery link: ImageShack® - Gallery

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :thatshot: Plumbers crack FTW!!

yeah they're prospective members, never got their names but they were given INGO cards.

Must admit I hadn't noticed that when I posted the pics....

but why are you checkin out another guys butt? :):

Don't feel that you have to answer that either :D :ingo:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qALDkoGahfU]YouTube - VID00072[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jpnZLEOHo]YouTube - VID00066[/ame]

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    +1

Now you have to work on cheek weld and trigger slap!

I would rep you again for taking your kid shooting but it says i can't rep you for a while.... i cannot say thanks enough for passing on the passion.... shooting with my dad are 100 percent my best memories from when i was a kid

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It was quite a blast today, literally :ar15::ar15::ar15:

I certainly enjoyed throwing hot lead down range at them pesky zombies.

Everyone did their part to help ensure those zombies won't be a problem in that area...at least not until the next time.:D

It was great to meet everyone there. I am sure we encouraged others to become a part of this growing community.

It is quite awesome to know, that in the small amount of time that INGO has been in existence, it's membership has grown to a point that you actually run into other members at the range.:ingo:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gentlemen, I am trying to find a place to take my brother who is coming in from another state this weekend. This place seems cool- remote, free, and the range looks nice. I also love a place where you can shoot at any old thing.

Is this place really free?
    What should I bring? Do I need a target stand of some sort?
    Can I bring water jugs for "ballistic testing"? and shoot them? :ar15:
    Are they open on Saturday?
    Anything else I should know - like can I CC while there, double-tap, draw-and-fire or do I need to show up with slides locked back or anything else to keep me from being yelled at?

I know, I can just call them, but it's very late :):

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I grew up shooting there, back when the far left range was for more that shotguns. It is a nice place to shoot, just wish the awnings were still there to shade you while you shoot.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Yes its free, just fill out the range card so they know what county you came from.

Far as the water jug shooting I kinda doubt it, but ask the DNR RO thats there. When we went I never saw the guy say anything to anyone on the line. Those that were on the firing line pretty much all controlled when we were hot or cold to go down range etc. They supply the target stands.

I'm on vacation next week, so the wife and I may be heading up there during the week, not sure which day yet though.

They have a shotgun range, a 25 and 50 yard range. Here's a link to the DNR site for more info.

DNR: Wilbur Wright

Target Ranges
    • Target ranges are open to the public on a first-come first-serve basis. All shooters must obey range rules and regulations.
    • Range is open from 8 am to 5 pm.
    • The range is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Open on Monday holidays.
    :yesway: :ingo:

Gentlemen, I am trying to find a place to take my brother who is coming in from another state this weekend. This place seems cool- remote, free, and the range looks nice. I also love a place where you can shoot at any old thing.

Is this place really free?
    What should I bring? Do I need a target stand of some sort?
    Can I bring water jugs for "ballistic testing"? and shoot them? :ar15:
    Are they open on Saturday?
    Anything else I should know - like can I CC while there, double-tap, draw-and-fire or do I need to show up with slides locked back or anything else to keep me from being yelled at?

I know, I can just call them, but it's very late :):

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would say NO to the water jugs. But you can always ask. It is as self-serve as they come. I had to have the RO put up a new target frame while I was there for fresh zombie pics.

You have to ask him if you want to talk to him. Otherwise you will not notice he is there. Bump on a log - in a GOOD way. Though I am sure that if someone is being unsafe, he will step in.

The location might be hard for first timers to find. But, I grew up very very close to it, and was around there all the time. It is about a mile NORTH of the hospital. So, just ask anyone how to get to the hospital. No major road to it. North 14th st will become old 103 right at the hospital. Keep going NORTH and the entrance is on your right (EAST). Highway 36 is NORTH of it, so if you hit 36, you have gone too far.

Summit Lake state park is right there on 36, too. So, you can mix up shooting with fishing (I think). Though I have not been to Summit Lake in over a decade.

Last edited:

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    It is more north than west of the hospital. If you turn west off st rd 3 go about a mile and turn north on 16th street. 16th runs into 103 at the hospital, it veers to the right. About a mile and a half up on the right is the range.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uh, yeah. What was I thinking?
    Sorry, I had a whole slew of medical testing today. My brain was fried due to not being able to eat beforehand. I'll edit my post above.

I have since had my requisite Nathan's 1/4 pound hot dog and all synapses are now firing in their proper order, sir!

Top Bottom