• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    yep seen that today......set back as said on there would be my first guess.....little more crimp....i sound like a broken record..

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    here's another:eek:

Kaboom never seen before?? - 1911Forum

attachment.php

attachment.php

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It would be a wedding of two of the biggest snobbery gun owning groups in history!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    yep seen that today......set back as said on there would be my first guess.....little more crimp....i sound like a broken record..

You might sound like a broken record but sound advise like that can save lives sometimes ( according to the size of the kaboom) as people gain more experience in a certain area they tend to get comfortable and start slacking. So hearing it over and over is a good reminder. Personally I had an excellent time today with reloads, best accuracy I have ever had no issues. But hearing about incidents like these make me double check everything I do.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    imagine if that was a glock, it could of blown the guys hand off geez, glad to see the shooter wasn't hurt

I do think that steel protected him more than plastic would have.
    Of the few Glocks I've seen go back to the factory from "kabooming", I only got to talk with one person who was the one who pulled the trigger... and the result he spoke of was mostly burns on his hand and something (likely either the slide stop or the trigger) hitting him in the head.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    403394942.jpg

That picture is obviously Photoshopped. Everyone knows that 1911's are so well built that the force it would take to make one kaboom would crack the earth in two.

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've been very fortunate, I've only had one double charge in one of my reloads (bad luck talking about it). I was shooting in a bullseye league, (scared the hell out of me). I can't imagine having a gun blow up in my hand. Plastic or steel, that might leave a mark.
    And honestly, it doesn't matter what company made the gun, they all have the potential to go kaboom.

Top Bottom