• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Hmmm, torn between feeling bad for the parents and thinking this is Darwinism at work but something makes me think they are lying (or ignorant) about their sons state of mind.

How do you suffer a single gunshot wound to the head on accident and no one hears the shot? I'd be curious to know if any pillows were missing from his bedroom.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Hmmm, torn between feeling bad for the parents and thinking this is Darwinism at work but something makes me think they are lying (or ignorant) about their sons state of mind.

How do you suffer a single gunshot wound to the head on accident and no one hears the shot? I'd be curious to know if any pillows were missing from his bedroom.

I would think there would be pillow fibers in the wound othat were the case. Probably why its undecided, autopsy will show

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

^^^^What he said^^^^

How can you not hear a gun shot inside the home, yet be "curious" as to why the bedroom light is still on at 2am?

The MP in me is saying to me that there was probably some 'sanitization' of the scene prior to calling 911. :dunno:

Still, very sorry for the family. My prayers are with them in this troubled time. Accident or intentional doesn't make a difference, they've still lost a son.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Yep my thoughts exactly. The police have not determined what happened...but the media headline says accidental.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

Sickeningly, I know the Brady bunch :biggun: and similar ilk :poop: are having visions of tap dancing in the deceased's blood, and are foaming at the mouth screaming, "SEE!!?! SEE??!? GUNS ARE BBAAA-AAA-AAADDD!!! :sheep: WE TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLDYA SO, NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!! TOLDYASO TOLDYASO TOLDSYASOoo....!!!"

:xmad: :soapbox: :xmad:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Sorry to be blunt, but I think you are all very ignorant on this subject.

They did not say the caliber of the gun. If it was a .22 or 380 or even bigger then it is VERY possible to have a shot not heard through at least two closed doors.

When I was in college a friend of mine had a room mate who shot himself in the head on purpose. No one was drunk , no loud parties, and no one heard. That was a 38 cal.

As to "sanitizing the scene", you have never lost a child, I guess or you would not make such a statement. Your son is dead, would YOU have the presence of mind to clean up the appearance of the scene? Let me answer for you, NO (enless you were a sociopath).

Lastly, how many of us have done insanely stupid and dangerous things with our gun through ignorance and inattention when we were new to shooting. I know I had a couple of "OH CRAP, that would've been bad" moments.

I know society has jaded most of us but have some respect for the dead and the family. Don't jump to conclusions.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sorry to be blunt, but I think you are all very ignorant on this subject.

They did not say the caliber of the gun. If it was a .22 or 380 or even bigger then it is VERY possible to have a shot not heard through at least two closed doors.

When I was in college a friend of mine had a room mate who shot himself in the head on purpose. No one was drunk , no loud parties, and no one heard. That was a 38 cal.

As to "sanitizing the scene", you have never lost a child, I guess or you would not make such a statement. Your son is dead, would YOU have the presence of mind to clean up the appearance of the scene? Let me answer for you, NO (enless you were a sociopath).

Lastly, how many of us have done insanely stupid and dangerous things with our gun through ignorance and inattention when we were new to shooting. I know I had a couple of "OH CRAP, that would've been bad" moments.

I know society has jaded most of us but have some respect for the dead and the family. Don't jump to conclusions.

Unfortunately, I have experience in the matter of crime scenes. I've seen suicides "cleaned up" prior to notification of law enforcement way too many times. And yes, it was family members who did it in some cases. Once the initial shock takes over, the mind does not work the same way. Twisted, but true, some believe that the sanitizing protects the dignity of the deceased and of the family.

I'm not pre-judging. I am sorry for the family. It is a tragic moment in their lives and my sympathy goes out to them. But, I've seen it before.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    my prayers go out to teh family, and greyhound47 raised a good point about the sound. 2 closed doors is enough to muffle a 22. although I've heard of people doing weird stuff when they're faced with extreme emotional shock, and I would think losing a son either to suicide or an accident would count as extreme emotional shock.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Suicide, accident, doesn't matter does it, another young life, cut short.
    It saddens me that in some cases a young person is bullied or tormented into taking a very drastic and permanent step. Some cases it's just plain ignorance that is the culprit, parents won't allow even basic safety instruction. Thinking they're protecting their child from the evil gun, sooner or later their child will not be under their control. Ironic how society view and portrays gun owner as uncaring heathens. Yet as gun owners, most set a high value on life. Fact is, that we at times carry life in our hands. Duce<><

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I totally agree that it is sad that I a young person has died. Gun safety is so important especially with a first time gun owner. That is why everyone needs to teach and learn about gun safety.

Top Bottom