• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thats horrible for the victims. Now, lets get ready for the call for more gun control by the usual suspects

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Man that is totally insane. Someone may have been able to stop him if they were allowed to have a gun on the premises.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Thats horrible for the victims. Now, lets get ready for the call for more gun control by the usual suspects
    More GC laws wouldnt make sense. That puke coward was going to get a gun regardless of what the law says. What the hell was wrong with just taking an early resign?

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I think the best alternative would have been not to steal the beer in the first place. He is scum though for releasing his rage unto the other workers and also trying to play the race card as usual.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Read the complete update story. From what it said it seems this guy showed no signs of an illness, no bad history and had a permit to carry. An outstanding perfect employee until he got caught steeling beer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    All the more reason to take a weapon to work - to protect yourself against crazy :poop: like this. It sucks to think I'd have to run all the way out to my car in the parking lot to do so.

Worst of all, if I were to make it out of the building safe, I sure as hell wouldn't be playing "hero" and go back in there to stop a threat unless a family member was still in there...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The guy's family is saying he is claiming "racism" but his union reps say that he never complained about it. The company says there were no complaints filed and they deny it. Now that doesn't mean it didn't happen but there seems to be scant evidence to support a charge of racism.

On the other hand, he was caught stealing. Red handed, on videotape. They even showed him the video . . . and then he pulled a gun and started shooting.

So here is this morning's headline:
    Family: Racial bias caused Conn. shooter to snap
    Yet according to his family:
    "He said the company was prejudiced and they pushed him," said Annette Levine, a cousin of Thornton's mother. "Those were the last words he told his mom: He loved her and they pushed him over the edge."
    But the newspaper, and a survivor tells this story:
    Omar Thornton sat calmly in a meeting with union representative and his supervisors as they showed a video of him stealing beer from the distributor where he worked.

Busted, he didn't put up a fight, company officials said. He quietly signed a letter of resignation and was headed for the door when he pulled out a gun and started firing — "cold as ice," as one survivor described it.
    So was he just caught and panicked and went on a shooting spree? Is this a FALSE charge of racism? Could it be real and he used the theft as his excuse? Could the family simply be covering up the fact that their relative was a common thief and using racism as a tool?

I really hate racism, I know that everyone has it in them, its part of our culture. Black, brown, yellow, red or white, you are racist is some way at some time. We define ourselves by our ability to be colorblind and overcome as much of it as possible. But worse than outright racism and bigotry is the false claim or racism to cover up other faults. . . like theft.

Here is a link to one of the many stories about this tragic event => Family: Racial bias caused Conn. gunman to snap - Yahoo! News

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Headlines should have been Massed Murderer kills co workers, end of story, everything now is blamed on racism. Man kills "X" in Conn, a place with restrictive gun laws, another Colin Ferguson, without the train.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    race

Psychologically, if the guy is socialized to believe that every ill that comes his way is because of discrimination, his reality is that his action is justified because of racism. The reality is that tough knocks fall upon everyone's shoulders, regardless of their ethnicity. This is another social indicator of where we are in America, where individual responsiblity is a thing of the past and bad behaviour is justified through an erroneous backdrop of victimization. In other words, this guy steals, shoots the real victims in this circumstance and the sympathizers play the race card. A sad social commentary on a terrible event.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    :bs: I'm so tired of the race thing. Good Grief! Maybe if we quit giving them any attention and treat EVERYONE the SAME it will quit. What would people say if the white started yelling RACISM? Get over it! He STOLE he got fired. Lesson, DON'T STEAL, keep your job. White, Black NO MATTER... don't blame someone else for your sins.:nopity:

Top Bottom