• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like Rubio's original plan actually took the will of the people into consideration. It's pretty certain that Trump didn't. And this has been the outlook of the people in this country for the best part of the last decade. Candidates had better be paying attention.

Two in three U.S. adults favor a plan to allow immigrants who are living illegally in the U.S. to remain in the country and become citizens if they meet certain requirements over time. Far fewer support allowing those immigrants to remain in the U.S. to work for a limited period of time (14%), or to deport all of these immigrants back to their home countries (19%). U.S. adults' views have been largely stable over the past decade. ...

Two-Thirds of Americans Favor Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Somebody always picks up the tab, and get the results they pay for, it's how the system works. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's still a free country.:)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Not a study at all. An annual poll of republican and democrat voters that has been going on and collecting data for many years. Even 50% of republicans support a pathway to citizenship.

What sanctuary city was this annual pole done in.
    We already have many different paths to become a citizen of the USA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like Rubio's original plan actually took the will of the people into consideration. It's pretty certain that Trump didn't. And this has been the outlook of the people in this country for the best part of the last decade. Candidates had better be paying attention.

Two-Thirds of Americans Favor Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants - Hit & Run : Reason.com

My :twocents:

This is an area where I differ from many conservatives. It's just not practical to deport them all. I don't think "self deportation" will have the effect that people want either. What worse condition could we impose on them here that would be worse than where they'd supposedly self-deport to?

At this point, eventual citizenship should be on the table only for those are not felons, who are employable. And they should have to apply for citizenship, and go through the process like everyone else. No magic wands proclaiming them all citizens, like the moonbeams want. And they go to the end of the line. But I don't see how any of that works unless we stop the flow of illegal immigrants across the border.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Your 10-15% deficit of libertarian perfection is glaring in this post. Free and open borders is all this and all such threads are all about.

This is an area where I differ from many conservatives. It's just not practical to deport them all. I don't think "self deportation" will have the effect that people want either. What worse condition could we impose on them here that would be worse than where they'd supposedly self-deport to?

At this point, eventual citizenship should be on the table only for those are not felons, who are employable. And they should have to apply for citizenship, and go through the process like everyone else. No magic wands proclaiming them all citizens, like the moonbeams want. And they go to the end of the line. But I don't see how any of that works unless we stop the flow of illegal immigrants across the border.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I have no issues with that and agree with your take on it. You can't just drag off 11 million people. It's illogical to think you could. That's why Trump's just running his mouth and gaining points. He hasn't applied any real thought to the matter. According to the poll, you're in the majority of people who've given the matter thought.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your 10-15% deficit of libertarian perfection is glaring in this post. Free and open borders is all this and all such threads are all about.

I know MRJ's position on it. And on this issue I am pleased to part company. I don't agree with open borders. At all. It's just not practical. Especially not in a welfare state such as ours where people can just come here to have everyone else support them.

Libertarians are smoking the same hallucinogenic **** as the moonbeams on this issue.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The number increased to 64 from 59 but that's not much more than the margin of error so it's hard to say if it's really significant or not. They make a point of saying democrat support increased by 10 points but among republicans it decreased by 8 points. They also don't point out that among hispanics it decreased by almost 10 points over time. There's also no data on gender or age which can skew results even though they say they weighted the variables.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no issues with that and agree with your take on it. You can't just drag off 11 million people. It's illogical to think you could. That's why Trump's just running his mouth and gaining points. He hasn't applied any real thought to the matter. According to the poll, you're in the majority of people who've given the matter thought.

I think I recall you advocating open borders. Maybe I have you confused with someone else.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Two thirds? Hard to believe. Sure seem to be a lot of polls these days, seems like there have always been lots of polls that make fantastic claims. But why is that I have never once in my life been polled, never knew anyone who has been. If statistics are anything, they are easy to twist to one's own purpose.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    As I remember,RR made a path for mabye 12 million 35 years ago,and now we have the same problem...(MRJ,you are welcome to correct my numbers if they do not meet your EXACT documented figures.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom