• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Anybody else heard of this? I received this email about it from my uncle who has been in and out of this hospital a few times. I sent an email to the Marine listed at the bottom, but not heard back yet. Will let you know.

DIRECTOR OF INDIANAPOLIS VA HOSPITAL APOLIGISES TO JAPANESE EMPLOYEE AND ORDERS HISTORICAL NEWPAPER IN HALLWAY REMOVED THAT HAS HEADLINE READING
    JAPS SURRENDER.

In an unprecedented single-minded decision Thomas Mattice, Director of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West 10th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana has taken it upon himself without consulting his superiors to remove a framed World War II historical newspaper front page whose headline declare the end of that horrendous conflict. The newspaper sub-headline reads. JAPS SURRENDER.

What happened to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press?

Individual veterans, various veterans organizations, especially the Marine Corps League that still has members that fought the Japanese in WW II and remembers that country’s barbarous action to any Allied POW and civilian populations, are all in an uproar over the political correctness of Hospital director Thomas Mattice after a complaint of one new employee of Japanese decent.

When Don Myers, Indiana’s Most Decorated Marine attempted to talk to Director Mattice, Myers said the man’s mindset was blocked with political correctness blinders because of this one employee. The director did say that his action was taken for all his employees and that many of them probably felt the same way as the unnamed Asian decent person who started the situation. A consensus of the employees Myers talked to deny that statement. It is also noted that various Veterans Service Officers stationed at the hospital are the ones that complained to Myers, a veteran’s advocate, after various disgruntled VA employees told the Service Officers they were angry over the director’s decision.

Myers pointed out that at one time the VA 10th Street hospital had two doctors that were on the Bataan Death March and he wondered if their feelings would have been hurt by the directors’ decision. Myers also asked if the newspaper headline read JAPS BOMB PEARL HARBOR would the director have taken that down also. Director Matice said he had nothing else to say to Myers and hung up on him.

People who think this Federal Employee paid by American tax dollars had the right to do this may ignore this outreach letter. All other Americans feel free to join our outrage by writing letters or calling your representatives, flood the VA Medical Center Directors Office with mail (1481 W. 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204), write to the editors of your newspapers, and call your radio stations and TV stations to voice your opinion about “political correctness. You may also voice your opinion to the Indianapolis Marine Corps League Newsletter Editor Marine Gary Nasby at Gnasby@IndyMarines.org

Why is it that we as a society allow so few people to dictate our policies?

In God We Trust.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I think I am going to stop in and say something on my next VA appointment. My grandfather (dads side), and my grandmothers (moms side) new husband, both served in the Pacific Theater, and I heard some horror stories from them. It makes my experiences feel insignificant.

BTW, I know Don Meyers, and served with his son. That is one high strung dude I would not want P.O.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Here is the email I received today. Holy crap Batman! I am pissed! I just asked if this was real. And if this did happen.

MIKE,
    YES IT DID, I HAVE FORWARDED YOUR LETTER TO COMMANDANT AND DON MYERS
    Semper Fidelis,
    Gary D. Nasby
    Home- 317-405-9595
    Cell- 315-399-9626
    Alternate EMail:
    GNasby@IndyMarines.org

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    I hope the pic got uploaded...along with Tom Mattice's JAPS Surrender PC non-sense now female veterans have a new person they can complain to...that is is over a decade of being at war with Islam doesn't bother you.

Attachments

• Indy VA Muslim.jpg
      Indy VA Muslim.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 72

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    A pic of the two together. PC gone amuck for female veterans such as myself who were in NY on 9/11 and smelled the smoke from the towers by nightfall, had neighbors that didn't come home and sent loved ones to war in Muslim strongholds that crap on females.

Attachments

• Mattice Lillan.jpg
      Mattice Lillan.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 33

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hope the pic got uploaded...along with Tom Mattice's JAPS Surrender PC non-sense now female veterans have a new person they can complain to...that is is over a decade of being at war with Islam doesn't bother you.

We haven't been at war with Islam, we've been at war with certain Muslims. We've also been allied with other Muslims. We've also been neutral with yet other Muslims. So no, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    03082843_1897363-holy_thread_resurrection.jpeg

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    There is no war with Islam. How many decades of ignorance does it take to bother you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A pic of the two together. PC gone amuck for female veterans such as myself who were in NY on 9/11 and smelled the smoke from the towers by nightfall, had neighbors that didn't come home and sent loved ones to war in Muslim strongholds that crap on females.

Uh, what's PC about that photo?

Ands as for the old VA story, that paper belongs in a museum, not a hospital. It's part of our history, so we should recognize that, but given the racial slur (common during the war), it's not something that should be held up in a place like a VA.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Wake up...

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Ands as for the old VA story, that paper belongs in a museum, not a hospital. It's part of our history, so we should recognize that, but given the racial slur (common during the war), it's not something that should be held up in a place like a VA.

This!

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    We haven't been at war with Islam, we've been at war with certain Muslims. We've also been allied with other Muslims. We've also been neutral with yet other Muslims. So no, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Muslims consider this an extension of the Crusades themselves and yes, until those supposed moderate Muslims stand up and slap down their own crazy sector intent on blowing up buildings in the town I grew up in it is with Islam itself. I can't remember the last time Presbyterian grandmothers flew planes into buildings.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    There is no war with Islam. How many decades of ignorance does it take to bother you?

Yep, we westerners consider the crusades over and done with, muslims have never stopped fighting those wars. They just do it in different ways now and we allow them. They will destroy western civ from the inside using our own resources and way of life, inability and fear of recognizing the danger that they present for fear of being called an islamophobe.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Uh, what's PC about that photo?

What racial slur? When did Japanese become a race? So I guess by shortening the word Japanese to japs, it's "racist". Better tell the Jewish people to stop using "Jews"!

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Old thread but but this is the paper that was hanging in the VA. It now hangs on my wall. This was also the day that the USS Indianapolis sinking was announced (at bottom). The paper is signed by some of the survivors.

center2012032400307.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Old thread but but this is the paper that was hanging in the VA. It now hangs on my wall. This was also the day that the USS Indianapolis sinking was announced (at bottom). The paper is signed by some of the survivors.

center2012032400307.jpg

Very neat.
    Thanks for sharing.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    That's a piece of history there but, we have those that would hide history so as not to offend anyone, no wonder this country is dying.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Muslims consider this an extension of the Crusades themselves and yes, until those supposed moderate Muslims stand up and slap down their own crazy sector intent on blowing up buildings in the town I grew up in it is with Islam itself. I can't remember the last time Presbyterian grandmothers flew planes into buildings.

So the whites in Indiana should have slapped down the whites in Rosewood, Florida?

Top Bottom