• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    LL Bean announced yesterday that they will not sell firearms to people under the age of 21. Given their history of selling firearms, this is a specious attempt to curry favor with the liberal wanna be outdoor type snowflakes. LL Bean only sells firearms at their flagship store in Maine. To my best knowledge, they have never sold black rifles aka stupidly referred to as assault rifles by the ignorant left wing media and their follower idiots. LL Bean for the most part has really only sold High end firearms like Merkel, AyA, Parker etc. You know, firearms only wealthier baby boomers could afford. 21 year old kids, for the overwhelming 99.999% are not going to walk into this store and plunk down a couple thousand dollars for a fancy shotgun or rifle or limited edition LL Bean upland Bird Gun. So why the gratuitous and phony attempt to appease the liberal snowflakes? Old Leon Leonwood Bean must be rolling in his grave. Makes my head explode!

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Agree, this is just a "free headlines" move by LL BEAN and its nothing more than feel good. Last time I looked, and it was quite a while back, their guns were expensive Over/Unders, Side-by-Side bird guns, Trap/Skeet competition guns, and generally premium grade rifles. Not quite the in the market to service the 18-20 year old crowd so this is a big NOTHING of an announcement other than it gets them headlines with the East Coast liberals that are their primary customer base.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I buy stuff from Bean but won't any more. I really like some of their stuff. I just hate that places like this feel the need to join a political side.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I buy stuff from Bean but won't any more. I really like some of their stuff. I just hate that places like this feel the need to join a political side.

Not anything but an attempt to broaden or focus attention on the business. Cheap bull **** move. Just like Dicks and other's.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I never realized they sold guns either!

Good field coats.

Good boots.....they just got rid of their "lifetime return policy" though...

LL Bean is becoming like most things in this world.... It ain't what it was.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They used to sell some very interesting and quality outdoor kit, now they are just another random retailer selling crap. I have a couple of their backpacks I picked up back in the early '70's, great equipment used often with no complaints. Their new products don't live up to their tradition...this just makes it a stronger NO SALE.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Received in response.
    [FONT=&quot]Good Morning Expat, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]L.L.Bean only sells firearms that are specific to hunting and the traditional outdoor shooting sports, and only at our Flagship store in Freeport, Maine.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In light of recent events we have reviewed our policy on firearm sales, and we will no longer be selling guns or ammunition to anyone under the age of 21.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for sharing your concerns. We hope in time you will reconsider your decision and do business with us again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Carolyn
    L.L.Bean Customer Service
    800-441-5713
    [/FONT]

llbean.com

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would hope that any business realized from the chicken **** move is far off set by what they loose from the real firearms community.
    In this It never fails to the fact we are not in lock step on about anything.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm a gun owner, a gun shop owner, and a strong second amendment advocate. I won't sell people guns oft times from a "bad vibe" that I couldn't explain if I tried....

It's their business...If they want to discriminate against age it's their choice but I think it's silly...

IMHO

I still like their boots and I am still going to get a pair....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm a gun owner, a gun shop owner, and a strong second amendment advocate. I won't sell people guns oft times from a "bad vibe" that I couldn't explain if I tried....

It's their business...If they want to discriminate against age it's their choice but I think it's silly...

IMHO

So Indiucky, you're a bad-vibist? Good! Keep doing what you're doing. I hope to make to to your shop someday. Hopefully my vibe will will be north of bad that day. :D

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

IMHO

How do you like their field coats?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I don't think the two equate. Refusing to sell to a "class" of people isn't the same as refusing to sell to someone who's trying to skirt the law and create liability/ris for you (warning signs of straw purchase) or selling the item to the person would result in harm (ie, selling a gun to someone who's showing suicidal indicators).

It's direct analogous to profiling. Racial profiling is both ethically wrong and ineffective. Behavioral profiling is how hard wired into us or we wouldn't survive and is foolish to ignore.

Top Bottom