• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    I just got back from the Valparaiso gun show. Picked up some Tite Group for a friend not a bad price 26.00 after tax (one pound). Back on topic.

But what are people thinking! I saw many people with strollers and not small ones banging into everyone's ankles and shins. Heck I could barely walk down the isle and here is this guy trying to push a stroller and keep three little kids in tow. Get a clue. I believe you should get children involved young but two and three might be a little young to start and the gun show environment is not the place. Watched anther guy who this must be his first time at a show or I hope is was, he picks up a hand gun and turns to show his friend and swoosh as the security cable clears half the table of merchandise.

The old friend thing, In the middle of the row with people waiting to get buy is not the time to STOP and chat up you high school buddy who you have not seen in nine years because you are to lazy to pick up the phone. Move out of the way. I was lucky enough to have the old friend thing hit 6 of the 17 rows I walked down.

JMHO

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    You always have inconsiderate people in crowds. Gun shows are no exception, but it all depends on what you expect.

The last few were very pleasant. Nice vendors, good conversations, interesting historical items (guns, pictures) to look at. Not much in the way of bargains but anymore I just go to walk around and look and talk. Might pick up an MRE or Pmag.

I hope they get better for you in the future.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Well, with all do respect you have no idea what this fella with the kids has on his plate. Maybe the kids don't have a mom, maybe the mom is sick, maybe he is just a good dad that wants to spend time with his kids. You honestly think he was having the best day? prolly not, I've been there my friend. Don't be so quick to judge.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, with all do respect you have no idea what this fella with the kids has on his plate. Maybe the kids don't have a mom, maybe the mom is sick, maybe he is just a good dad that wants to spend time with his kids. You honestly think he was having the best day? prolly not, I've been there my friend. Don't be so quick to judge.
    :+1:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've been bumped by a few strollers over the years. Yeah, gun shows are crowded, but so are malls, the circus, movies, and many other places. You can take a kid a lot of places, but the safest would probably be a gun show. In the grand scheme of things, being delayed 10 seconds is not a lot. Patience and consideration is something we can all practice a little more.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I've been bumped by a few strollers over the years. Yeah, gun shows are crowded, but so are malls, the circus, movies, and many other places. You can take a kid a lot of places, but the safest would probably be a gun show. In the grand scheme of things, being delayed 10 seconds is not a lot. Patience and consideration is something we can all practice a little more.

Amen Brother!

Edjer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Although I'm 53 years old now and my kids are much, much older than stroller age, I still remember what is was like to be a dad of small kids. As a young man starting out with a wife, mortgage, a couple of car payments and two babies 20 months apart I didn't have 2 nickles to rub together. I was always looking for cheap or free things I could do with the kids on the weekends to give mom a few hours break. Maybe that's what was going on.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Is that directed at the OP, or the guy he's chastising for having the audacity to spend time with his kids at a gun show?

He mentioned more than just the guy with a Cadillac sized stroller. There are rude and inconsiderate people of all types at every gun show I've ever been to.

leakywaders

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    highland ind
    Although I'm 53 years old now and my kids are much, much older than stroller age, I still remember what is was like to be a dad of small kids. As a young man starting out with a wife, mortgage, a couple of car payments and two babies 20 months apart I didn't have 2 nickles to rub together. I was always looking for cheap or free things I could do with the kids on the weekends to give mom a few hours break. Maybe that's what was going on.

I've been there.
    Nicely said!
    thanks

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Being considerate of others is for prior generations. We are living in the age of "I do what I want".
    :+1: Sad part is, good manners and consideration for others costs nothing, not even additional time.

Hold the door open for someone of the 'younger persuasion' and 9 times out of 10 you'll get a 'strange' look, like you're setting them up for a 'Jackass' prank. LOL...

Perhaps such things as mentioned by the OP are why the "I have the R-I-G-H-T!" types are so annoying? :dunno:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Yeah....this (below)!...its a gun show and its open to the public and news flash--THEY ARE CROWDED...i dont go because i dont like dealing with the crowds and paying for the parking...i dont have a problem with people who dont mind the crowd and certainly not with the people who go....OP issue is a non issue if he has a computer with a internet connection.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood

Exactly^

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom