• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Wanted to throw out a feeler to see if there would be any interest in if any one would like to attend an informal "Carbine Shoot" at my range to run through a newly constructed carbine course I put together. Probably would have to limit to no more than 5 (sorry space is just limited and don't want things to get out of control). Looking to maybe do this before it gets to stupid cold for the year. So would need to plan something for a within the next month or so. Would have to be on Saturday due to my work schedule. If there is interest I can go into a bit more detail on the course and such. Thanks fellas!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I do like my carbines. Could be interested in something like this, tagging for more info. :yesway:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'll come out for that. If 4 or 5 other guys want to come and shoot I'll set out and just shoot the bull with folks. I can always shoot the course with Steve at a later time since we only live a few miles apart

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok so this is what I'm looking to do for the course itself. It will consist of 14 stations to be shot at. All mags will be limited to a max of 10 rounds and looking at shooting 2 shots per target. This way it force mag changes during the course itself. Obviously we would do a couple walk trough's to get everyone an idea of how and when to shoot at what target. We will do a timed course shooting at standard 10 ring paper target. An will asses a penalty for any round not within the 10 ring. Which we can agree on before the shoot as we go over rules and do the walk through. Would like to limit it to 5.56/223 cal rifles or smaller or any pistol caliber carbines as well and no steel core ammo please. Thanks to all who would be interested. I'm looking at sometime the first part of November so if your interested post it up or just send me a PM.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's a possibility we might incorporate a pistol draw from an OWB holster to engage the last 2 or 3 targets. I know Steve and I have discussed this as an option

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It's a possibility we might incorporate a pistol draw from an OWB holster to engage the last 2 or 3 targets. I know Steve and I have discussed this as an option

Yup that's a possibility, just have to see what everyone thinks as well. Like I mentioned to one other member that messaged me. Im also looking for feedback on the course itself so it could be changed as well. Im just looking for something safe, fun, and a little challenging for everyone. Plus always good to talk guns and tell lies with other 2A supporters such as myself.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok looks like Im gonna try for November 8th. If any one wants to attend be sure to post it up or send me a PM if you have any other questions thanks fellas.

Top Bottom