• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I finally got the wife to go shooting with me today. I took her to Beech Grove since it's a nice safe indoor range and I knew could give her some 1 on 1 instruction.

Well wouldn't you know the range caught fire. It must have been a belt or something in the air handler because it smelled like burning rubber and the place filled up with black smoke real quick.

Now we're trapped in the parking lot because IFD has their hoses running across the entrance.

It was an interesting first time out shooting with the wife, that's for sure.

+1 to the staff for getting everyone out safely.

20141016_160929_zpsenjg7sn7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just read on FB that they are calling for more engines and opening up the roof for ventilation. Sounds like its going pretty good. :(

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They are definitely cutting open the roof to get access to the back stop which looks to be where the fire started.

78,000 lbs of burning rubber, which makes them think someone was shooting tracer rounds. There weren't many people in there at the time. I sure didn't see any one firing tracers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WTHR is reporting that it started in the ventilation system, which is what MCgrease08 said he thought originally as well in his thread. Glad everyone got out safely and hope the damage isn't too extensive.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't think a tracer would light in that short of range but a AP would sure cause this issue. If it was cause by using improper ammo I hope they a held accountable!

Top Bottom