Can we publicly ask for a mod to step down?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If I felt that a Moderator was out of line and consistently overstepping his bounds, I would first bring it to that person's attention.

If I didn't feel that resolved anything, I would then bring it to the Administrator's attention.

If I didn't feel that resolved anything, I would then decide if I was willing to stay and put up with it, or leave and not deal with it further.

I would not publicly advocate for a Moderator's removal. As INGO is more a private residence than it is a public office building, doing so would likely not be met with support from the home owner.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    According to a recent thread, we did have a Mod suggest that if the community isn't happy with a Mod they could start a poll asking whether they should step down or not.

I don't know if that advice was specific to that particular person, or goes for Mods in general.

I would seriously hope something like that is not a ban worthy offense. That would be really petty.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    According to a recent thread, we did have a Mod suggest that if the community isn't happy with a Mod they could start a poll asking whether they should step down or not.

I don't know if that advice was specific to that particular person, or goes for Mods in general.

I would seriously hope something like that is not a ban worthy offense. That would be really petty.

I'd wait for the recent ban to be addressed before making such a thread. I would like to know who did the ban, and if they considered Que's "free reign" comment before doing it. Or if it was Que.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I am willing to stay that's why I asked a simple question.

To your specific question of "is it against the rules?", here is my opinion as a former INGO Mod--

There is not a specific rule addressing your specific question.
    Such a thread, depending on how it was written and responded to, could be construed as a personal attack on a member, which is disallowed in the rules.

Though a reprisal would be unlikely to the OP, the thread would probably be removed and the issue addressed internally.

But that's just my take on it. I'm sure a Staff Member will be along to answer you directly.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    To your specific question of "is it against the rules", here is my opinion as a former INGO Mod--

There is not a specific rule addressing your specific question.
    Such a thread, depending on how it was written and responded to, could be construed as a personal attack on a member, which is disallowed in the rules.

Though a reprisal would be unlikely to the OP, the thread would probably be removed and be addressed internally.

Would the fact that the mod specifically suggested it be taken into consideration?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Would the fact that the mod specifically suggested it be taken into consideration?

All things should be taken into consideration by a Mod trying to be fair, equal, and balanced. From both sides of any issue.

Are you saying a Mod made the suggestion to start a public thread asking for their removal?

ETA: According to Post #8 that is the case. If so, then such a thing would likely stay in the public view due to the Mod's request. Unless of course the Admin decided to override the Mod.

Again, these are just my opinions and don't necessarily reflect the current SOPs held by the Staff.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Wait until we know who did the ban. Que may be unaware of the ban, and may disagree with it since he is the one that told her to speak her mind. And what she said was far too mild to deserve a ban.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom