• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Was thinking of having the shorter Barrel on the High Standard Trophy thread when a used vent rib Browning Buckmark for $225 might be showing up, and got me to thinking this might be another option for a few less dollars (assuming sell the High Standard Trophy as have a HS Victor for shooting plus the standard issue Rugger MkII for plinking), a little newer and keeps an old High Standard from having one of the two barrels turned down.

Other option is of course one of the factory threaded Browning Wipers or ??? Don't really really need another another 22LR pistol but one of these days would like a 22LR host better than the P22.

Idea's, comments and discussions appreciated.

Earlier thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...get_handguns_and_bolt_rifles.html#post2998321

Thread on estimate of resale value of HS Victor if go a different way and don't need another pistol ;-): https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...22lr_trophy_with_two_barrels.html#post3207591

supermatic_both_barrels.jpg

Last edited:

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    JT,a Lipseys threaded Buckmark can be had for around $400.00. Another option is a Colt Cadet-would have to be threaded of course but is slick looking when done right.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    JT,did you ever think about a nice 22lr bolt gun?

Yup a most got a savage like one of the guys after a shoot earlier this year had ;-), but got side tracked to this handgun and now the Savage is out of stock. Been also looking at the CZ and getting one threaded also.

Bottom line been too busy to shoot 22LR suppressed between the lawyers and doctors, so not sure anything will happen this late in the year. Have been 99.5% talked out of getting the High Standard thread and thinking of letting it go to fund other projects (already have the Victor and Ruger MK II slab side to shoot UN-suppressed).

Thanks
    John

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Jtin,

Keep your eye on gun broker. I got a threaded high standard barrel for a 101 for under $70. Got it about 2 weeks ago. Just starting the process for a suppressor.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Jtin,

Keep your eye on gun broker. I got a threaded high standard barrel for a 101 for under $70. Got it about 2 weeks ago. Just starting the process for a suppressor.

Wonder who did the treading, see some nicely done between centers and some shall we say, not quite in line with the bore ....

Friends have just about talked me into not having these barrels thread, selling the gun and sticking with a factory threaded barrel on a different host. Just doing the price checking now.

Take Care
    John

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Not sure who threaded it. Had Corey take a look at it. I will let you know how it turns out. Hopefully not crooked once we put a can on it.

Top Bottom