• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I'm looking for some opinions here. I have a GSG-5 (the titanium-colored 1st Anniversary model, and the last revision prior to the lawsuit). I want to SBR it later this year so that I can use my suppressor on it without it looking ridiculous. I also have a collapsible stock. I basically have two options:

A) Cut the existing barrel down as far as possible and then thread it

B) Dump my current GSG and buy a GSG-5P (the pistol version) and get that threaded and move my collapsible stock to it.

I really like the titanium finish on my current, so I'm not really wanting to get rid of it, but I'm not sure if SBR'ing it would be a pain. The two models have slightly different front post designs, so I'm not even sure if the 5P can even be threaded. Thoughts?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I know it has been discussed here before and its been done multiple times, but did anyone ever figure out if there was a 922r compliance issue with SBRing one of these?

Because I really want to SBR a PK.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wouldn't mind using a step-up adapter, although I will admit that it's not an ideal solution. I already use a thread adapter on my P22 and it's not a big deal. That was my question, though. If the 5Pk makes for a cleaner SBR path then that may be what I need to do.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The 5Pk has the rail slots for the collapsible stock, doesn't it? I'm pretty sure it does, but not positive.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Here is the link from another thread where the 922r compliance was discussed with these and it seems like its hard to decipher whether or not its actually compliant with 922r.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/190194-can_i_sbr_a_mp5-3.html

Like I said, I know alot of people have SBR'd these, Im just curious to know if what the actual law is (if there is one)

I won't rehash it again. But all I will say is that no one has yet pointed to a statutory exemption for .22's.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I looked at the post-lawsuit GSG-5Pk at Bradis over the weekend. I think I'll stick with my pre-lawsuit. The posts look like doo-doo.

Top Bottom