• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    According to a new ruling by BATFE (found on Princelaw) trust names may not be abbreviated in their engraving any longer. The reasoning is that, legally, "John William Doe Trust" is not the same as "J.W.Doe Trust". That means that from now-on you must engrave your trust name in it's entirety. I guess a way to get around that would be to name your trust using only innitials...

I have been saying for quite a while now that it's only a matter of time until they start restricting trusts and LLCs. This ruling is only a mere drop in the bucket and the first of many IMNSHO.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    According to a new ruling by BATFE (found on Princelaw) trust names may not be abbreviated in their engraving any longer. The reasoning is that, legally, "John William Doe Trust" is not the same as "J.W.Doe Trust". That means that from now-on you must engrave your trust name in it's entirety. I guess a way to get around that would be to name your trust using only innitials...

I have been saying for quite a while now that it's only a matter of time until they start restricting trusts and LLCs. This ruling is only a mere drop in the bucket and the first of many IMNSHO.

I must admit when I saw your title I started sweating a bit... But it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be... Yet...:rolleyes:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't worry, ATF changes their unconstitutional laws so often I am sure it will be different when you have to worry about it.

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    I have to agree with BATFE on this one... the LEGAL name is the name on the trust paperwork... it only makes sense that the BATFE paperwork would reflect this... if you were signing a contract in the business world you would not be using a different name...

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have to agree with BATFE on this one... the LEGAL name is the name on the trust paperwork... it only makes sense that the BATFE paperwork would reflect this... if you were signing a contract in the business world you would not be using a different name...

yep.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    well that makes perfect since. The engraving should match whats on the paper so there is no confusion. I will make sure to do this on mine.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My full name is George Arnold Yeustoph Pheugg.... Oh well.

No, you're not getting it. What BATFE has said is that the engraving on the Title II firearm must exactly match the name of the trust. If your trust is named "The George Arnold Yeustoph Pheugg Trust" then your firearm must be engraved with such. You are welcome to create a trust named "The G. A. Y. Pheugg Trust" and be able to engrave that on your firearm.

That all said, my trust is "The Nicholas A. Wroblewski Trust". I had my engravings done, before BATFE ruled on the matter, as "The N.A. Wroblewski Trust"

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    No, you're not getting it. What BATFE has said is that the engraving on the Title II firearm must exactly match the name of the trust. If your trust is named "The George Arnold Yeustoph Pheugg Trust" then your firearm must be engraved with such. You are welcome to create a trust named "The G. A. Y. Pheugg Trust" and be able to engrave that on your firearm.

That all said, my trust is "The Tom Hanks Trust". I had my engravings done, before BATFE ruled on the matter, as "The T Hanks Trust"

Fixed using your real name. :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    My real concern is the trust itself. How much issue will I have creating a trust using the method shown on arfcom??????

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom