• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    someone just attempted to break into my friends car that was parked in front of my house (to the north) there was about 7 of us hanging out in my kitchen when we heard the car alarm go off. Me and my friend, both armed, ran outside at the low and ready to check it out. First we cleared the car quickly checked for damge and then cleared the general vicinity.

then we heard somthing come from my back yard (south) and when we looked the back yard motion light came on. So we ran in that direction. We stopped at the edge of my yard and took a quick look around then I ran inside grabbed some lights and we did a second check of the perimiter.

After we cleared the whole perimiter of the home we decided to drive around the close area to see if we spotted anyone and we did not so we went home.

Now heres what I think happend. The car alarm that was triggered is NOT sensitive at all. therefore you have to really hit that thing for it to go off, but there was no damage so the only thing I can think is they pulled the handle extremely hard and when they let go it went off. Then they had to have ran off when the alarm went off and bunkered down in between my garage and the neighbors house when they heard us come out because they didnt keep running. Then when they saw us clearing the car they hauled ass through my back yard and into the mist, making my motuon light go off. And thats that.

Also no I didnt call the LEOs becuase I felt it wouldve been pointless. No evidence, no damage, etc.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Well that was your fun for the night! At least they didn't get anything and all is good.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    May of been a test run for em.
    I had a few times my car's alarm went off at my old apartment. Always saw different people running off.

My alarm had the 2 way paging, where the key fob would beep and vibrate and tell you which area was targeted. I guess those blinky lights didn't mean much to some people untill they tapped on it and it went nuts.

Sounds like you guys did good. Glad nothing was harmed/damaged.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Also no I didnt call the LEOs becuase I felt it wouldve been pointless. No evidence, no damage, etc.

You absolutely should file a report. If something happens in your neighborhood again in the future, especially to you, then it will make things better on you and worse for them. The report would be brief but worth the effort should something happen again. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say "I wish we had filed a report..." If something happened that lead to a court case, then the prosecution gets to say "...this theft, which was very likely tied to an incident that occurred just two days prior, as recorded in a police report about a car alarm being triggered on the plaintiff's property on March 28. It is clear this could have been an earlier unsuccessful attempt to commit the same crime, demonstrating premeditation and determination on the part of the defendant."

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    If they were hiding and watching you from the shadows, they probably saw your guns and will think twice before conning back. Too bad you did not have a dog, even a friendly one, that would quickly find them. Living in the country, I usually pop off a few rounds just to let them know they are not welcome.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    We have had some issues in my neck of the woods. There is a way to start the filing process online now. You may want to see if you have something similar in your area. I think it's a good idea.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    If they were hiding and watching you from the shadows, they probably saw your guns and will think twice before conning back. Too bad you did not have a dog, even a friendly one, that would quickly find them. Living in the country, I usually pop off a few rounds just to let them know they are not welcome.

Said the graduate of - Biden Tactical Training :ar15:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A good car alarm is a sound investment. I do not know what mine has since it came with the car but if you try to break in it goes off and even if you do manage to get the car started without turning it off it will shut off and go start screaming "THEFT,THEFT" once you break 5mph.

I only know this because my father got in it to go to the store without turning the alarm off.:):

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

We have a dog, hes a great guard dog too. But stipid me I had him locked in the back half of thr house because s friend hsd their puppy over and my dog wouldve ate it.

Top Bottom