• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I have a question about the Pumkinvine bike trail that runs through Goshen,Middlebury and shipshewana. I drove by the opening to one of the many trails, and the sign says NO motorized vehicles, NO firearms allowed on the trail. Just wondering if this sign held it's weight in gold or needed changed now that the law changed about guns in parks:dunno:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have a question about the Pumkinvine bike trail that runs through Goshen,Middlebury and shipshewana. I drove by the opening to one of the many trails, and the sign says NO motorized vehicles, NO firearms allowed on the trail. Just wondering if this sign held it's weight in gold or needed changed now that the law changed about guns in parks:dunno:
    Make sure there are no court rooms on the trail and you are good to go. Seriously, unless the whole thing is private property or is somehow designated a school facility you are allowed to carry in such places.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    It is land that the city& county have taken from land owners, and put a bike/walking trail in. It is maintained by the parks department. I thought the sign was foolish and thought I would ask. You are free to come and go on the trail all you want so I would say it is public.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is land that the city& county have taken from land owners, and put a bike/walking trail in. It is maintained by the parks department. I thought the sign was foolish and thought I would ask.

Call Kaufman and ask when the signs will be getting corrected. Just curious what he would say. He was really upset with the new law.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Contacted the department who handles the signage, and was told they are in the process of changing them. She also informed me the new law that effects parks doesn't go into effect until 2012. LMAO almost fell out of my chair.

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    In my area there was a murder on the local rail trail. I've only been on it once since but you better believe I had my EDC in my waistband. I've never seen any signs like that on the Nickel Plate Trail.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    The sign I called about is at the opening to one of the trail mouths. The lady explained they where going to take care of all the signs in the inner city first, and then work their way outward. I hope to get pic Fri. and try to upload. Trust me after 30 days I will call back and see why it hasn't been addressed. She told me the law doesn't go into effect till 2012???????? I thought it was July 1st?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The sign I called about is at the opening to one of the trail mouths. The lady explained they where going to take care of all the signs in the inner city first, and then work their way outward. I hope to get pic Fri. and try to upload. Trust me after 30 days I will call back and see why it hasn't been addressed. She told me the law doesn't go into effect till 2012???????? I thought it was July 1st?

It was July 1st. July 1st, 2011! The lady is probably some kind of clerk and has no clue as to the legality of the signs. Go to the next town or county council meeting and bring up the sign issue. You may have to call first and get on the agenda list for the next meeting.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    It was July 1st. July 1st, 2011! The lady is probably some kind of clerk and has no clue as to the legality of the signs. Go to the next town or county council meeting and bring up the sign issue. You may have to call first and get on the agenda list for the next meeting.
    Oh! Trust me the mayor was ticked when it passed. He was against bill 292 and will take his sweet time taking them down.:ingo:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    And this is why I voted AGAINST Kaufman. Might also talk to Dixie Robinson on this one. If nothing else I can always call her up about it and see what the scoop is there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does he still belong to that Bloomberg Mayors against guns group?
    I vote against him every time but...

I thought about open carrying through some of the parks but I don't normally OC.

Top Bottom