• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I heard a rumor that this is the last year for the lifetime permis because they are losing money.

I was also told that an application for a lifetime permit would not be granted if I currently have a permit good for anoth 18 months. Anyone have any insight ?

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I dont see how they are losing money. Its all profit, you dont have to get a permit if you dont want.

And I think you are right in your assumption on the last part.

zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    I'm pretty sure you are right about not being able to get the Life time permit if you still have time on your current permit. I got mine back in May and I think I read that you can get your life time if you have 30 days or less left on your current permit.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is no current or pending legislation to eliminate the Indiana lifetime LTCH.

Per Indiana law, you cannot apply for a license renewal until your current license is within 180 days of expiration.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    BTDT

Do a search and you will find this discussed several times before. Lifetime LTCH would have to be repealed by act of the general assembly. NOBODY can do away with it anyway else. PERIOD!

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    To renew a current 4 year permit to a Lifetime permit you must be within 6 months of your current permit expiring.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    With My Man Mitch still in the saddle for another term, we don't have to worry about Indiana repealing lifetime carry. It's the Illinois Inclinations we'll get from Obama that worry me.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    If he's saying the lifetime license is being eliminated, please ask him to cite his source and preferably the bill number and let us know.

I think his source is just saying it is quite possible.

Much like we had lifetime HUNTING PERMITS, those were done away with.

It CAN happen.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think his source is just saying it is quite possible.

Much like we had lifetime HUNTING PERMITS, those were done away with.

It CAN happen.

Yes, of course it CAN happen, but it's a common statement around here: "I heard a rumor that they're stopping the lifetime licenses next year because [insert reason here]." The fact is that the rumor is false and has no basis in reality. IF it were to happen, it would have to be via a bill introduced into legislation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rumor has been floating around since the start of the lifetime LTCH. I first heard it at the Howard County Sheriff's Department in summer of 2007.

Apparently a lot of people are operating under the misapprehension that LTCH operate like hunting licenses. If you attend any high school "Government" class, one will see how that is possible.:D

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I can vouch that Howard County has alot of permits run through there department. They are both Lifetime and 4 year. Its kinda crazy how many people will only get the 4 year cause they don't want to spend the extra money.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    125$ if you have never had a permit, i think its 100$ if you already have a permit but you hve to let your permit expire before getting a lifetime license

Top Bottom