• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd prohibit open carry in my business too, if I had one. Depending on the business, it's sound logic. If I owned a Cabela's, then sure, no problem. If I owned a Toys R Us, then yeah, cover your piece.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'd prohibit open carry in my business too, if I had one. Depending on the business, it's sound logic. If I owned a Cabela's, then sure, no problem. If I owned a Toys R Us, then yeah, cover your piece.

Why? 100,000 to 1 odds (<low) that the person open carrying is not a threat........ same for those you can't see?
    You go to the mall on a weekend evening... what are the odds that there are a bunch of illegally carried weapons on the mall "patrons"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why? 100,000 to 1 odds (<low) that the person open carrying is not a threat........ same for those you can't see?
    You go to the mall on a weekend evening... what are the odds that there are a bunch of illegally carried weapons on the mall "patrons"?

I'd say 1,000,000 to 1, they're not a threat. But a business is all about knowing your clientele. Our society is full of "if I don't see it, it's not there" people, and unfortunately sometimes you have to cater to that type. I see absolutely nothing wrong with requiring carriers to conceal if I'm operating a business where the sight of a gun may deter business. I doubt most gun owners would have issue with the policy. They ARE, after all, allowed to carry their firearms, I would just ask that they are concealed. If they can't understand the logic, then I'd question whether or not they should be carrying in the first place.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If they can't understand the logic, then I'd question whether or not they should be carrying in the first place.
    What does this statement of understanding YOUR logic have to do with whether someone is worthy to carry or not? Does it make that person any more dangerous because you would deem them not capable of understanding logic?

Maybe you might even consider that to be a mental deficiency and a reason to deny a right to carry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What does this statement of understanding YOUR logic have to do with whether someone is worthy to carry or not? Does it make that person any more dangerous because you would deem them not capable of understanding logic?

Maybe you might even consider that to be a mental deficiency and a reason to deny a right to carry.

My logic is superior, when it's my business, and you walk through my doors. Somebody have a problem with that? Don't let the GTFO sign smack you in the butt on the way out. If they're not in my store they can carry in whatever way a mental deficient carries.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Back when Indiana went to lifetime license, I asked several police officers about open carry, and virtually all had no problem with it. Most (if not all) said that when he/she could see you were carrying you would usually be less of a threat than someone trying to hide something.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The new law mirrors Indiana's statute which was passed in 1935 and the media reports this as something new.

The media keeps reporting "open carry" as doughy dudes carrying rifles when it has nothing to do with long guns.

Lots of media "storm and stress" over something that is in the law in many states.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is it just me, or is Texas almost as nutty as California?

In like a Bizarro world way, yes.

images

IndyDave, the nuttiness is lost on us as sensible Midwesterners. You have to embrace the nuttiness to live life at its fullest there.:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My logic is superior, when it's my business, and you walk through my doors. Somebody have a problem with that? Don't let the GTFO sign smack you in the butt on the way out. If they're not in my store they can carry in whatever way a mental deficient carries.

Sounds like we need to get lawful gun owners on the new civil rights bill being considered this session. Why must I be forced to endure your bigotry?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    :wow:

I'm sure if anyone brings this quote up, Kut will say "I didn't call open carriers mental deficients!".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :wow:

I'm sure if anyone brings this quote up, Kut will say "I didn't call open carriers mental deficients!".

As long as you're clear to add that "mental deficient" is referring to people that have an issue with my store policy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like we need to get lawful gun owners on the new civil rights bill being considered this session. Why must I be forced to endure your bigotry?

Ha, no self-respecting gun owner, who understands what liberty is, would support a bill that restricts the property rights of an owner. A property owner should be able to be as bigoted as he would like, on HIS property. Why do you hate freedom comrade GFGT?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom