Kroger wrongful death suit dropped for guy that died trying to rob place...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    If I were the judge I would have billed the plaintiff for any and all costs associated with this frivolous suit including all the tax payer money wasted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, and not complaining, but TWO YEARS to get justice? I know the system works slow but two years? Seemed to be a pretty open and shut case.

The lawyers have the system twisted into this mess so they can stretch these things out past memory and for billable hours

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Friggin-awesome. Unbelievable a lawyer was actually willing to file this suit.

What's the penalty for filing a stupid or frivolous lawsuit? If the best that can happen is you make a lot of money and the worst that can happen is...nothing, well there's always going to be some lawyer unethical/hungry enough to take your stupid case.

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Crazy to see this story on here tonight. A long time friend is visiting this weekend and after bringing up this article I discover he works with this gentleman being harrassed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What about the woman whose life was saved by the manager shooting the robber? She filed suit against Kroger and the former manager as well: Woman held at gunpoint in Indianapolis Kroger sues grocery chain, former manager who shot robber - TheIndyChannel.com
    No good deed goes unpunished!

Yup. People think they are going to be greeted as a hero when they intervene in a crime such as that. What they are probably going to get is sued and slandered. Almost like you're the police for a bit.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Whatever are we going to do with these darned activist judges over reaching and not allowing a jury to decide what is just or unjust?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Regards,

Doug

PS - Ironic how perception often defines reality.

Top Bottom