• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I had just returned home on a Thursday after work and a trip to the gym. I parked my vehicle in the garage and left the main door open planning to head back out for some food. After unloading some items from the back of my vehicle and doing some odds and ends inside, I hear a loud noise from the garage. It sounded like someone was in there and possibly trashing the garage looking for something. I immediately started to worry that it was a robbery/home invasion. The keys were not in the vehicle but hanging right by the door. If the intruders didn’t get what they wanted, the next move would likely be to enter the house. I immediately ran toward my bedroom to grab a loaded gun. What was actually a bit of confusion was which pistol to grab? My carry pistol happened to be loaded. It was a quicker grab than my larger full size pistol.

I then clicked off the safety, put my finger on the slide, and pointed it at an angle downward. I approached the door to the garage and it was quiet…eerily quiet. I kept as far from the door as possible just reaching my hand to slowly turn the knob. My pistol would be the first thing any intruders saw. Upon slowly opening the door, there they were just 4-5 ft away. There were two intruders, a male and female…pair of Mallard ducks. They saw me, waddled to the main door, and then took flight.

I’ve seen that shifty couple in my back yard before, but never would have figured them to go into the garage. I’m guessing the noise was them flapping their wings and hitting the metal handle of the lawn mower which rattled against the metal shelves I have.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    You were fortunate, had it been those foreign geese from the Great White North, they would have chased you out of your home, and you wouldn't be able to do anything to get it back as they are entitle... I mean protected.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That'll teach you to have a gun on you at all times!

Nakinate, my son showed me those videos of that guy in your avatar. I think we watched them all years ago. I used to laugh until I cried. Thanks for the reminder of some fun times with my son.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can't trust ducks.

Exhibit A:
    donald_duck_nazi.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don't you wear a gun?
    If you wear a belt - you should wear your guns.
    Your work doesn't like guns? Wear them anyway.

I do draw the line while at the gym - that's when I wear just my BUG because it's a bit smaller for working out.

So what are the hunting laws if a duck happens to walk into your [STRIKE]house[/STRIKE] oven? :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Your work doesn't like guns? Wear them anyway.
    FYI, there are still places of employment in Indiana that either aren't legally protected or it is still illegal to carry to work. #1 Schools (until July 1), #2 federal property, #3 any of the "exceptions" in the law that allows keeping a loaded gun in your car at work.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    FYI, there are still places of employment in Indiana that either aren't legally protected or it is still illegal to carry to work. #1 Schools (until July 1), #2 federal property, #3 any of the "exceptions" in the law that allows keeping a loaded gun in your car at work.

Yep - I know.....
    But can you imagine the embarrassment of being caught unarmed in some bad situation?

Top Bottom