• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My daughter is a runner. Runs most every day. She's awaiting her arrival of her LTCH :rockwoot:anyone have suggestions as how to carry something like an LC9 or LCP that is secure for the gun and doesn't beatup the runner too much?
    Yet can be accessed in a timely manner?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Belly band holster in SOB (small of back) position. I usually carry a Kimber Solo 9mm or a Kimber 3-inch Eclipse in .45. I find the Eclipse tends to bounce just slightly due to its weight, but its not too bad, I just have to adjust the position of the belly band every 5 minutes or so. The Solo doesn't have that problem. I used to carry a Walther PPK (.380), but I prefer a larger caliber. That's why I now carry either the Solo or the Eclipse.

To a serious runner, balance is very important. I find the SOB position has little or no impact on balance, so it has the least impact on my stride and workout. That's why I think the belly band is a great choice for jogging / running.

Last edited:

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Typically, I run down the streets brandishing a claymore, shouting blood curdling war cry's, while swing it about. I've never been bothered. :D in all honesty, as a runner of long distances, I would stick with the LCP in a stomach band. That would limit bounce, weigh next to nothing, and would pose little discomfort. Weight is not something you want for distance running. . . Or sprinting for that matter.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I have been wearing a Fobus OWB with my P3AT, combined with a tight drawstring, it has worked decent other than sliding around every half mile or so.

I have the Kel-tec p3at with the clip and it stays put extremely well just tucked inside a waistband. Does the LCP have a clip option?

I think I will go buy me a clip. It can't be any worse than what I'm currently doing.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Check out Survival Sheath Systems. I have been using one on the bicycle for a little over a year and several thousand miles and it works great. It is the first set up I have found that get's zero sweat or condensation on the weapon because it is right out front in the breeze.

Top Bottom