• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    At a kid's softball game last evening, sitting with group of other parents. Diane, friend and wife of one of my shooter buddies, says, "Jill said you're taking a vacation day on Friday. What are you going to do?"

"I expect I'll go to the range for a bit."

"You going to Atterbury?" she says.

"Either there or Wilbur Wright," I say.

The mom wearing Chanel sunglasses pipes in, "I hear they dried out the fairways and greens at Bear Slide!"

Jill and Diane and I looked at each other. I smiled at Mrs. Chanel and said "Bet it's nice out there" and left it at that.

I love people.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I and 3 other INGOers stopped for breakfast at a local diner in southern Michigan last month, on our way to the (gun) range for the Magpul Dynamics pistol class. We were all dressed appropriately for the day's activities - ball caps, boots, cargo pants or jeans, T-shirts, sunglasses. We talked "gun stuff" on and off throughout breakfast, making no bones about it. As we were leaving, waitress said "it sure is a nice day today; you guys doing something outside?"

We exchanged knowing glances, and replied in unison "yep".

"Oh, like golfing?"

"Yep." :rolleyes:

And we left.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Range Attire: Sorts or pants, short sleeve shirt with a collar, short socks, and a Nike/Calloway, etc., cap.

Range Attire: Jeans/Cargo pants, INGO T-shirt, INGO cap, and. Shoes of choice.

If you are not wearing INGO gear, then you must be going to the golf range. :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I shot a hole in one yesterday! :rockwoot:

But the rest of my posted targets were unblemished and can be used again next time. ;)

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think I should build a dual purpose range like that.

Heck, simultaneous use even.

The money would roll right in!

I'm guessing people wouldn't notice the 30' high wall of dirt at the end of the range instead of a huge net. It could work. Weekdays it could be for the duffers to hit balls on their lunch hour. Weekends, the shooters could take over. Simultaneous would be tough, it's difficult enough hitting a golfball straight with people talking in the next lane, much less someone sighting in his prairie dog rifle.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    At a kid's softball game last evening, sitting with group of other parents. Diane, wife of one of my shooter buddies, says, "Jill said you're taking a vacation day on Friday. What are you going to do?"

"I expect I'll go to the range for a bit."

"You going to Atterbury?" she says.

"Either there or Wilbur Wright," I say.

The mom wearing Chanel sunglasses pipes in, "I hear they dried out the fairways and greens at Bear Slide!"

Jill and Diane and I looked at each other. I smiled at Mrs. Chanel and said "Bet it's nice out there" and left it at that.

I love people.

I and 3 other INGOers stopped for breakfast at a local diner in southern Michigan last month, on our way to the (gun) range for the Magpul Dynamics pistol class. We were all dressed appropriately for the day's activities - ball caps, boots, cargo pants or jeans, T-shirts, sunglasses. We talked "gun stuff" on and off throughout breakfast, making no bones about it. As we were leaving, waitress said "it sure is a nice day today; you guys doing something outside?"

We exchanged knowing glances, and replied in unison "yep".

"Oh, like golfing?"

"Yep." :rolleyes:

And we left.

Only one thing ran through my mind at the end of those stories....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZkdHImCuQ]YouTube - Bill Engvall - Here's Your Sign (Video)[/ame]

I'm guessing people wouldn't notice the 30' high wall of dirt at the end of the range instead of a huge net. It could work. Weekdays it could be for the duffers to hit balls on their lunch hour. Weekends, the shooters could take over. Simultaneous would be tough, it's difficult enough hitting a golfball straight with people talking in the next lane, much less someone sighting in his prairie dog rifle.

Oh cmon! I'd LOVE to here the sweet sounds of "THWHACK BOOM!" all day! I mean, if you can't drive a ball straight, far enough, in the middle of WWIII, how do you expect to handle the pressure of "The Masters"? :laugh:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Conversation I had on the phone with my brother the flaming liberal:
    Mike: what you doing this weekend?
    Me: I thought Deb and I would go to the range for some target practice.
    Mike: Range? When did you get your bow?
    Me: It's not a bow, Mike.
    Mike: You mean you have guns? Why would you need such a thing?
    Me: For personal protection. Deb and I both have handguns
    Mike: Whaaat? She has a gun, too? That's just paranoid.
    Me: Bye Mike, say hello to the family :):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...She has a gun, too? That's just paranoid.

Not so much paranoid as tiring. Lugging me and my gun around with her all the time was really wearing her out.

Don't forget your helmet when you go outside, Mike. Bye now. :cool:

Top Bottom