• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where do I start?

My daughter is 8 and a half. We're building a new house that will be done in August (I hope!). My father in law bought a swingset kit from Menards and dropped it off at my house. He then decided he wanted to get one from Sam's Club instead so I had to return all of the stuff to Menards. We had to check in every single board in the lumber yard. We got the money back and then I went to Sam's and bought one they had.

I think it's king of a waste of money to begin with as old as my daughter is. I figure in another 1-2 years, she won't want anything to do with it. On top of that, I've got all kinds of things I could be doing to my new barn, house, woods, etc. that I don't really want to mess with this thing. My wife has been bothering me for the last 2-3 weeks about getting this thing up. Last Sunday, we got the spot cleared out for it. It was all briars and vines.

Today, we spent almost 12 hours working on this thing and it still isn't done. Luckily, it was all precut and numbered. Unluckily, if I said there were fewer than 62 million pieces, nuts, bolts, etc., I'd be exaggerating. A couple more hours and I should have it finished.:xmad:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    LOL. Did that a few years ago. It took my dad and I 9 hours to assemble my daughters swing set playground. Both of us are handy too. Then, she got too big for it, and we gave it away.

It took my neighbor and I 10 hours to build a 8x8 shed today.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I was given one by the neighbor 2 years ago
    After I brought it home there were many a days that my daughter was out swinging at 6:30 am
    I mowed earlier this week and right after I did My daughter was out on it
    She loves it still. and will be 9 this fall
    Remember the barn & house will be there when she is grown & moved on
    they're only kids once.
    Most adults seem to have forgotton the simple fun we had as kids.
    And what was to be a kid.
    I try to remember that and remind as many as I can
    It seems jike just last week she was born
    I just hope we don't let the government ruin it for the kids to come

Maybe some day as we have Daughters the same age they can get together and have some fun together

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a soon to be 3 year old, and I can't wait to build her a swingset at our new place. I actually bought a swing set kit (just the hardware) before she was born, because I wanted one so bad.

Our neighbors have one in their backyard, and we go over there a lot. I even like swinging on it!!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I figure in another 1-2 years, she won't want anything to do with it.

You never know. The swing set in our back yard ended up being *THE* place to hang out for my girl and her friends well past her "tween" years.
    When she was 15, we ended up taking the little swings off and hanging a bench swing from the frame.
    I've still never heard the end of that one.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You never know. The swing set in our back yard ended up being *THE* place to hang out for my girl and her friends well past her "tween" years.
    When she was 15, we ended up taking the little swings off and hanging a bench swing from the frame.

Our neighbor from hell has a swing set that is the "hang out" for the teens. I really want to burn that sucker down!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I about killed my wife and a son today taking DOWN our old swingset. Scared me to death. Really bad accident. But we'll see how they are tomorrow.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's the set I put together.
    0075211396010_A

There is absolutely nothing pre assembled.

I know she'll really enjoy it. I just hope she'll get a few good years use out of it before she "outgrows" it. This swingset is about 400' from the road and about 700' to the nearest neighbors house with nothing but trees inbetween so it shouldn't bother them!:D

We put it behind our house so we'll be able to see it from our great room and kitchen. We'll have a good view of it. Here's the best and most recent pic of the great room wall. The floor you see up against the window holes is temporary so they can get the upper walls poured. It's a full open 2 story great room. There are 3 windows at the bottom with 2 quarter round windows and 1 tall rounded window in the middle at the top.
    05-26-2010houseandbabybunnies7007.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

That's because she knew the swing set wasn't bugged...Some lawn chairs would have served the same purpose.:):

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    LOL, i thought my wife was crazy when she found one on "craig's list" for $100. Some guy wanted it out of his yard, it was 3 yrs old and had all the goodies. I picked it up and thought "score" took it apart in 3 pieces and put it on the trailer, only took 15 mins. to assemble. she is such a genius, hell she married me.............

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    LOL, i thought my wife was crazy when she found one on "craig's list" for $100. Some guy wanted it out of his yard, it was 3 yrs old and had all the goodies. I picked it up and thought "score" took it apart in 3 pieces and put it on the trailer, only took 15 mins. to assemble. she is such a genius, hell she married me.............

My brother bought a used one that I helped him move.

Man, I'm getting old. I feel like I got hit by a mack truck this morning.

Top Bottom