• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Columbus native Marine killed by IED in Afghanistan. Please say a prayer for his family. God bless all our servicemen, and servicewoman who put their liefs on the line, so that we can enjoy the things we love. :patriot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Prayers sent to his family. As details are shared, please keep us up to speed on the plans of a home comming for this soldier. There are a lot of us INGO-ers in and around South Central Indiana.

We've seen some videos on the internet about very nice homecomings with a lot of civilians lining the streets with flags. Think we could do the same.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would defiantly be down with that. The Columbus paper said, there are no funeral arrangements yet I guess. This really hits home, because I have a very good friend there now. Who is also in the Marine Corp! :patriot:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I would defiantly be down with that. The Columbus paper said, there are no funeral arrangements yet I guess. This really hits home, because I have a very good friend there now. Who is also in the Marine Corp! :patriot:

i do as well, one of the guys i ran around with in highschool at east, his a helio mechanic in the marines, got another one who is mech. infantry in the Army as well over there right now I get the columbus paper so ill try to let you guys know about the funeral plans and what not. :patriot:

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    My prayers and sympathies to his family and friends. I had a friend over there, but she is back now. They keep talking about sending her over for a second time, but she may be out before then. She married a close friend of mine (I was best man) and has become a great mother to the 3 kids he has. Their biological mother is still very much in the picture, but having a mature women in the house is a big help, especially to his daughter.

I also would be up for a homecoming presents and the USO should probably be notified as well. In fact they may know before we do.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Any info on local arrangements? I read in the Seymour Tribune tonight the brief article with a picture of his flag draped casket arriving in Dover.:patriot:

Would love the opportunity to thank this Marine's family for his ultimate sacrifice for my freedom.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Hoosier Marine Coming Home

For all who can make it. Mods If this will get seen better elsewhere please feel free to move it.

This Is Brown County.com | Nashville, Indiana is the link that will give more detail and updates.

Let's ALL give our Troops the support they deserve. And make sure they are not forgotten or appreciated:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Short notice I know but I just found out. Come on Sunday also if you can make it. I plan on being there. I will either be dress blues (FD) or in my INGO hat. Look me up if you can make it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    UPDATE!

Just got an e-mail at work with details.

Plane with Sgt. McQueary's Boday lands at Indy Airport at 2pm today.
    Departs Indy airport at 2:15pm.
    Travel I-65S to U-31 at Taylorsville. (approx 3pm)
    Process Through Columbus towards US46 West.
    Process US46W to Nashville.

I'm planning to leave work in a few minutes to be up at the Holiday Inn Parking lot on US46 a little after 3pm.

Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I didn't see this before. I started a thread in General firearms with a link to details. HOOsier Marine Coming Home. He will be in Nashville today.:patriot:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Time info.

Sgt. McQueary is a Columbus native and graduate of Columbus East High School. His remains will arrive at the Indianapolis Municipal Airport around 2 p.m. today. Following a private ceremony with family, the procession will begin. The procession is expected to travel through Columbus between 3 -4 p.m. on its way to Nashville, Indiana.

Heard on the radio that the procession will go down Washington St. in Columbus.

Top Bottom