• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I want to get into. Been reading a bit about it and do not understand how to "mine" them. So Itried to just buy them, also not very easy. Thoughts?

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have hand drawn money I am willing to sell. Send me a PM if interested. I'll throw in one bag of magic beans with every purchase.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I see the sarcasm in your comment, but I dont joke when it cones to money and the bitcoin is worth around $130 soooo ya...

To who? Pretty soon they will run out of people to swindle...and anyone with a bitcoin will be holding the bag.

Better to sink your hard earned cash into ammo or a side of beef. At least then you KNOW what you got.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We'll see, like I said I was interested in people's thoughts. Thanks for your time.

Hey man, it's your money...you need to spend it on what you think is best. Your return on Hoosier lottery tickets could be higher than bitcoins.

Until Kroger takes them in trade for bread, milk, and eggs....I just don't see the real value in the bitcoin.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's not a pyramid scheme at all. They are controlled, limited, able to be traded for goods/services online, and can be sold. It's interesting, lets citizens control a currency without owning a country. Lots of good libertarian pieces here I believe. It's just new and won't be accepted by the masses.

Also very open to manipulation/hacking. The bitcoin was over $260 and then about $130 in a day or two with very massive peculiar trades.

Last edited:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Up to $900 for one now. I work in an It department and me and a co-worker decided with the 20-30 computers that are not in use, we will use them to mine 24/7 for bitcoins. If only we could....

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I got into bitcoins when they were about 5$ and had around 50. Now there a grand each.

Wait so you're saying you still have the 50 bitcoins? If so that's pretty awesome

I used to mine them on my duel GPU's back when it was semi-practical to do. Obviously kicking myself for not actually buying any.

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wait so you're saying you still have the 50 bitcoins? If so that's pretty awesome

I used to mine them on my duel GPU's back when it was semi-practical to do. Obviously kicking myself for not actually buying any.

No I had them. I wish I would have just let them sit there.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    No I had them. I wish I would have just let them sit there.

I have reached the same conclusion with Litecoins. They fluctuate in value too much to even sell/rebuy and make money on. I ended up losing about 25 coins doing this one day as I wasn't fast enough to rebuy before they increased in value past what I sold them for. So I'm leaving them alone and actively mining them as well.

Top Bottom