The reason for the increase in Chicago violence...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was talking to my niece who is a teacher in Chicago Public Schools. Apparently EVERYONE knows what is going on with the increase in violence, but are not talking about it. I was dumbfounded when she told me, so I asked some of my relatives who are closer to that lifestyle (LE and anti-LE) and they confirmed the story.

The gangs in Chicago are broken down into geographical sets, which means a particular set can belong to a primary gang structure, but still fight against each other if necessary. So, you can have a gang with sets and even sub-sets that war against each other.

Anyway, the reason for the increase in violence is because gangs are trying to get recording contracts for their more lyrically talented members. They travel around the city and rap against each other to increase street sales of their CDs, which includes raps and beats. If someone becomes too popular, they are attacked and even killed, which has perpetuated a summer-long murder spree that continues today.

Believe it or not, but the gangs aren't waring over drugs, territory or even the fact that someone stepped on one of their new pair of Jordans. They are fighting to sell rap CDs in the hope of garnering a recording contract!

So, if we can just ban rap, maybe Rahm will leave guns alone. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thugs will be thugs and do thuggish things, be it over drugs, money, territory, or even crappy music. :-(

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

Who hasn't thought about harming a Rapper. Have you actually tried to listen to their "music"? :D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Add to that the fact that there are some 3500* different sub sets (* I think that's what I heard Chief McCarthy say) and you have a bunch of people trying to claw their way to the top.

Edit:
    All of them fighting to go Legit

stop-hammer-time.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Anyway, the reason for the increase in violence is because gangs are trying to get recording contracts for their more lyrically talented members. They travel around the city and rap against each other to increase street sales of their CDs, which includes raps and beats.:dunno:

That does not surprise me at all. We've been seeing a lot of that here. Not the shootings (although we have a enough of them, most without anyone being hit), but the groups making videos of themselves rapping and having "rap contests" in our parks or anywhere there is a decent backdrop for a video. Last summer I would see them out several times a week filming.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Add to that the fact that there are some 3500* different sub sets (* I think that's what I heard Chief McCarthy say) and you have a bunch of people trying to claw their way to the top.

Edit:
    All of them fighting to go Legit

Yes, but that fight brings it's own problems.

The question is: If they get too legit.... will they then be able to quit?

It's a vicious cycle.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    is this why 50cent has been shot so many times? he must've been better than everybody else?

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... Guess that goes for lyrical talent and ears as well.

Just remember kids, you can't spell crap without rap!

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Well look at the example we are setting from the Top ( White House ) no matter what you have done in your past , if your a good rapper you will get an invite to the White House and an invite to all the events.

Ja Z in particular

Top Bottom