• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So today, we went down to the Seymour Oktoberfest. I was eating some fair food that consisted of potatoes and steak tips. Delish! I took a big bite of potato and it crunched! Ok, says I, I got a little burned bit or something. No big deal.

NOT SO!

It turns out what I got was an un-mixed-in glob of 100% pure salt. It had to be at least three cups. By the time I realized what it was, it was far FAR too late to spit it out. Seven hours later, I'm still having flashbacks and my vision is fading in and out. If I don't make it, please tell my wife I said "hello".

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So today, we went down to the Seymour Oktoberfest. I was eating some fair food that consisted of potatoes and steak tips. Delish! I took a big bite of potato and it crunched! Ok, says I, I got a little burned bit or something. No big deal.

NOT SO!

It turns out what I got was an un-mixed-in glob of 100% pure salt. It had to be at least three cups. By the time I realized what it was, it was far FAR too late to spit it out. Seven hours later, I'm still having flashbacks and my vision is fading in and out.
    Blah, Blah, Blah...

If I don't make it, please tell my wife I said "hello".
    I would be more than Happy to tell her you said "Hello"... ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Lionel%2BRichie%2B-%2BHello%2BIs%2BIt%2BMe%2BYou%2527re%2BLooking%2BFor.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry I missed you at the 'fest today! The beef tips are one of the staples of the fest. I usually get that on day three (Sat) after I've had all the brats and kraut I can handle, as well as a couple of ruebens.

Great day for the fest today!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know how you missed me. I had my INGO hat on and everything.

I was disappointed by the surprising lack of beer, especially given that it's an Oktoberfest. The beer tent was more like a concentration camp (except without the torture and starvation). It was a fenced off area of a parking lot with no music or anything. Dull! Also, the only German beer they had was Beck's.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't know how you missed me. I had my INGO hat on and everything.

I was disappointed by the surprising lack of beer, especially given that it's an Oktoberfest. The beer tent was more like a concentration camp (except without the torture and starvation). It was a fenced off area of a parking lot with no music or anything. Dull! Also, the only German beer they had was Beck's.

Yeah, the beer garden needs more room, and some better beer. Not sure which way you came into downtown, but two of the local bars have also opened up beer gardens to cater to those desiring a little elbow room. The Legion of course has theirs every year as well. We did have a local brewer make an Oktoberfest that was pretty good. After a few of those, the Bud Light tasted even more like water. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, the beer garden needs more room, and some better beer. Not sure which way you came into downtown, but two of the local bars have also opened up beer gardens to cater to those desiring a little elbow room. The Legion of course has theirs every year as well. We did have a local brewer make an Oktoberfest that was pretty good. After a few of those, the Bud Light tasted even more like water. :D

You couldn't make me drink Bud Light if you paid a stripper to pour it down my throat while she gave me a lap dance.

I saw one other beer garden, but it wasn't in operation at all while we were there. The beer garden I did go to was fresh out of the local beer. I ended up drinking the Beck's Oktoberfest, which wasn't bad.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I swear I can still taste it in the back of my throat. I think my esophagus is permanently salted.

Top Bottom