• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There have been a lot of reports of this behavior in the past year or so. Hallucinations, suicidal tendencies, extreme violence, etc. Also, there is a way to prosecute the people who change the chemical makeup of these drugs enough to circumvent the law. Unfortunately it requires a chemist to testify that the chemical makeup is still substantially similar to the outlawed substance and some prosecutors are hestitant to bring charges. Using the drug analog laws I'm referring to, it was actually illegal to have a lot of these things long before the July 1st law took effect. You can still buy this stuff pretty much anywhere, but you have to ask for it as it is not on the shelves.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We have people come into the cigar lounge almost every day asking for this stuff.

We tell them its illegal. They say that is why most stores keep it under the counter! I don't sell crap like this, but if they want to get 'high' on a fine cigar they are welcome to stop in.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I went on a domiestic last night and the guy was on bath salts. It was my first experience dealing with someone on them. The guy was messed up like I've never seen before.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We have people come into the cigar lounge almost every day asking for this stuff.

We tell them its illegal. They say that is why most stores keep it under the counter! I don't sell crap like this, but if they want to get 'high' on a fine cigar they are welcome to stop in.

Puff, puff, GIVE!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I had some friends who is on bath salts now. I have some friends who will try anything, who refuse to do bath salts. Its bad news stuff

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I really had no idea, I had to google this. People are messed up, do you really need a high that bad. I guess someone had to figure it out, I mean we drink milk and eat eggs.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As info, they aren't really "bath salts" like you put in your bath. They are marketed as "novelty bath salts" or "novelty plant food" in order to give them an air of legitimacy. They even say on the package that they are not intended for human consumption to further the facade.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, looks like nasty stuff. I was a little offended by the comment in the article that Lain made...
    "Science is actually working against us in controlling just another avenue for people to alter their consciousness and, in many cases, do harm to ourselves," Lain said.

Science is a PROCESS we use to figure things out, the evil of what you do with that information, or the type of information you seek falls on the person (individual/'s) doing it not the process. That is nerd speak for hate the player not the game.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had some friends who is on bath salts now. I have some friends who will try anything, who refuse to do bath salts. Its bad news stuff

Perhaps you should really reevaluate who it is that you consider friends? Especially since I presume that you're at least somewhat interested in firearms?

WOW, looks like nasty stuff. I was a little offended by the comment in the article that Lain made...

Science is a PROCESS we use to figure things out, the evil of what you do with that information, or the type of information you seek falls on the person (individual/'s) doing it not the process. That is nerd speak for hate the player not the game.

Everyone knows that dentists aren't scientists. :laugh::laugh:

:D

:whistle:

;)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yikes, sounds like nasty stuff.

I just don't understand why people would do that to themselves.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My son works with a guy that just lost his friend to this stuff in my Co. An I had a friend who's son is on the stuff, he's on it because he can't get access to weed, so the mother of the son wants weed made legal so her son doesn't have to do bath salts anymore......when I disagreed with that logic I was called judgemental......we have parted ways.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My son works with a guy that just lost his friend to this stuff in my Co. An I had a friend who's son is on the stuff, he's on it because he can't get access to weed, so the mother of the son wants weed made legal so her son doesn't have to do bath salts anymore......when I disagreed with that logic I was called judgemental......we have parted ways.
    The concepts are similar in the sense that they are chemicals used to simulate an existing drug, but "bath salts" and "incense" are two different things. Where "incense" simulates weed and causes far fewer and far less exaggerated "problems" , and "bath salts" simulates a cocaine or meth. type drug and is causing a LOT of deaths, violent acts, and health concerns.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The concepts are similar in the sense that they are chemicals used to simulate an existing drug, but "bath salts" and "incense" are two different things. Where "incense" simulates weed and causes far fewer and far less exaggerated "problems" , and "bath salts" simulates a cocaine or meth. type drug and is causing a LOT of deaths, violent acts, and health concerns.

Correct, people are using bath salts to replace the high from cocaine an meth, not weed.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I fear I am losing my closest brother to this ****. He's been using weed for years and I believe he has done harder drugs in the past, but I thought that was behind him. Then he tried "bath salts" in June. In the past month, my brother has been detained by the police 3 times, most recently for talking to himself outside a gas station on a busy street. It took EIGHT police officers and being tased twice for him to be subdued. The judge ordered him to be treated with antipsychotics this time around, but for weeks now he's been convinced that he's God and he has powers...and he's only 19. It's just about broken me to think he may be messed up forever.

I used to have a carefree attitude towards weed, but never again. And regarding my brother's friends...well, to elaborate would necessitate a vacation from my favorite website.

Top Bottom