"Active Shooter" video game prompts outrage...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As it should I think. Whether or not you subscribe to the notion that violent video games have contributed to societal violence, this is just in extremely poor taste. And it seems as though it may have been at least partially funded by Texas' taxes* (I'm still not clear on this based on the article). But the NRA are the ones that have blood on their hands?? :rolleyes:

*This quote from Texas Lt. governor Dan Patrick alludes to state funding, but it's not clear whether this particular video game received state money:

"Patrick said in a Texas Tribune report that a state-funded incentive program meant to lure film, television and video game creators to Texas should not allow certain projects, or he might have to withdraw his support for the initiative."

'Active shooter' video game prompts outrage in wake of mass shootings | Fox News

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    How about a defeat the active shooter(s) game? Turn it around and demonstrate ways to put them out of our misery, modelled on actions such as the football coach/teacher in Noblesville.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How about a defeat the active shooter(s) game? Turn it around and demonstrate ways to put them out of our misery, modelled on actions such as the football coach/teacher in Noblesville.

Apparently you can choose to be a member of the SWAT team if you want in this game. I don't have a problem with that, but IMHO they should remove the option to be the shooter. I'd even go as far as portraying the shooter as the pathetic loser that they are.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love how these articles keep picking up this tidbit
    Infer Trust, an anti-gun violence organization, told the BBC the game is “in very bad taste” given the fact that there have been 22 school shootings in the U.S. since the beginning of this year.
    even though it is not factual.

Top Bottom