• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Went for my haircut to the local barber shop, one of the few that is a real barber shop, not a stylist joint. Pulled into the lot and saw about 20 various department cars/trucks from the Lake County Coroners office, Lake County Sheriff and Schererville Fire Department.

Adjacent to US30 is Pine Island Plaza, a small, mostly vacant strip mall that houses my barber, a liquor store, and restaurant. On the south side of the plaza is pond. Apparently the body was in the pond.

The police were using the barber shop's bathroom as it is the only shop that was open that early so my barber had some info. Looks like the body was dumped last night. Apparent murder victim. No clue if it is gang related, one of the residents from the subsidized complex that is just south of the pond.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    Pretty close to home for me in Griffith and that's exactly why I try to stay away from Schererville and all the crime there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I lived near that area Schererville was a sleepy little town, and Sausers waffle shop at 30 & 41 was where you could get a breakfast in the middle of the night before you went home. There was a kiddie land amusement park on that intersection also. There was not much other than farm fields on that stretch of Lincoln Highway but Illiana Speedway and Wild Bills Junk yard. I just looked at a google map, that area has really changed. Always hate to hear about violence.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How well do you two get along? :): The police would have my MIL's name, and I'm sure my wife would give them my mother's name.

I hate to admit it, and not sure if I should cut a corner off my mancard or not, but we actually get along semi-decent as long as politics aren't involved. Her dad on the other hand... The only thing he liked about me was that I looked him in the eye and shook his hand and didn't hide behind her when we met. Her dad was about 6'6" and at the time well over 300llbs and most of it was muscle. Most of the guys she brought home hid behind her and said "Nice to meet you Mr. Jenkins." I figured worst comes to worst, I could run faster scared than he could mad, so what the hell. To give you an idea of size difference, he hated the wedding photo of me and him. Said it looked like we were circus freaks, the tall man and the midget. I don't think it was quite that bad, but...

And yep my wife would probably turn in my mom's name given a chance, when she was alive that is. Still might...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom