Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ???
    So I'm trying to see who owns this lot?
    1000 Eagle Ridge Dr, Schererville, IN 46375

If you go to Lake County, IN
    and zoom into the lot is is 277-000. However when you click on ID nothing appears.
    The lot to the south is 277-010 and its' info does appear.

What I find odd is Lot 277-00 has BLUE smaller numbers 277-012 thru 277-021 on it and again NONE of those have ID know.

Why my interest. Well 277-010 is a child care center. And it also has a building on lot 277-000 which is 277-021. In Sublot 277-017 is my son's karate class. Wanted to know if it was a GFZ or not. For sure lot 277-010 is a GFZ. But without knowing who owns lot 277-000 is one big parcel I'm not sure if it's a GFZ or not. Right now the safe bet is yes the entire lot heck the entire side from there down to the next street is a GFZ since it's only 3 lots. 277-000 (in question), 277-010 child care center, and 277-011 Post Office.

Any ideas why no ID comes up?
    Any idea what the blue sub-lots mean? I have never encounters blue sub-lots before.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm looking at it on my phone, so I could be missing something. But my guess would be that the blue numbers are tenants of the 277-000 lot. The parcel is identified as a subdivision, or at least part of one. If the child care has a facility on 277-000, it would depend on how the subdivision covenant is written. I would assume it's a GFZ, but its possible it isnt. I'll check the GIS site when I get to a computer tomorrow to see if I can dig up any more info for ya.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    The covenant is an agreement drawn up by the developer when a piece of land is set up for any kind of development. Sometimes they are simple, other times they can be pretty long. Usually, it specifies types of development that is allowed, architectural restrictions, and any other types of rules or restrictions the developer wants. The more I think about though, I doubt the covenant will help you since it was probably drawn up well before any tenants were involved. If you want to get a copy, you'll have to go to the Lake County Recorder's Office and have them look it up. They can look it up by the address and print it off for you, for a fee. Check here - Recorder - and here - http://www.lcrecorder.org/ - for more info about that.

I'm not a lawyer and I've not read through everything, but I think your answer might be in the Indiana Code. Judging by what I'm reading here - http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf - I would probably treat that entire lot as "school property", defined by Indiana as follows and in this case particularly the part in bold:

IC 35-31.5-2-285
    "School property"
    Sec. 285. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).

Not sure if I've helped ya or not. Sorry about the info overload on subdivisions and property stuff, I deal with this stuff at work and it's easy for me to get way too technical.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks what i do know is that whomever owns the lots determines if it's a gfz or not.
    What i mean by that is say tenent 1 owns the lot and he is the chinese resturant on the strip.
    That means the lot its not a gfz just then last tenent space is since the child care center is there in rented space.

If the ccc is the one that owns the lot and is renting the other ones then the entire lot is a gfz.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Gotcha. In that case, the covenant may be useful to you. Something I fogot to mention - it looks like it is a condominium development, which differs from a "normal" subdivision and could be why no ownership for the lot in general shows up. The covenant should detail how the property is handled, which could help to determine what is actually owned by whom. Really, all you probably need is the child care center's deed for their property at 1000 Eagle Ridge Drive. That will tell you what they actually have in that lot, whether it's the entire thing or some portion of it. You could request that from the Recorder as well.

If you use the search tab on the lcrecorder.org website and enter the lot's address, you can see multiple documents from a single real estate company to multiple other entities along with mortgage documents between banks and those entities. That would leave me to believe the child care center does not own the entire lot, only a piece.

Again, hope I'm helping and not just making things worse. Without seeing the deeds themselves, I can't say exactly one way or the other.

Top Bottom