• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do we have any QuickBook gurus on here?
    I would like to know if QB can do the following.

Allow the importation of a PayPal transaction log file (I see PayPal does allow the QB format).
    Allow for multiple currencies
    Allow for splitting the transactions to multiple sub-accounts.

For an online organization I belong to we have been using Excel and a custom build software application called JustCash (was created by a member of ours who is no longer with us) to keep track of our finances.

This is what we have and what we need tracked.
    2 PayPal accounts (a main account and a micro transaction account)
    All expenses go out via our main account.
    Each PayPal account have 4 currencies right now (USD, GBP, EUR, and AUD)

In JustCash we then separate the paypal transactions to 21 sub-accounts.
    (For example: Battlefield (BF), FarCry, Counter Strike, etc..)
    So if a donation is for BF JustCash assigned the donation + the PayPal fee of that donation to the BF sub-account.
    Each sub-account tracks all 4 currencies.

There is also an overall tracker that adds up all the currencies for each sub-account.
    So once a week when we pull the PayPal transactions log and balance our books the JustCash overall tracker should match with what PayPal shows as our current balance.

Does this make sence?
    Is there a way to do this in QB 2014?
    When we looked at QB back in 2008 it was not possible at that time to track multiple currencies and I don't think it was able to do sub-accounts either. :( So not sure if this has changed or not and/if anyone has experience in doing this or could offer their services in setting it up.

Thanks

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I remember seeing sub accounts in an earlier version (not sure if it was 2009 or a later one). I know that you could do multiple currencies in QB 2012. From a quick read about 2014, you should be able to do both but I haven't messed with it at all. Import Paypal, yes. Multiple currencies, yes. Splitting transactions across multiple accounts, yes. It makes sense to me but I haven't messed with anything beyond 2012 and that was only for a project so as far as digging deep into the various features, I'm no help at all. If you're using a Mac, multiple currencies isn't supported.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Win xp and win 8.1
    Thanks looks like our is possible then just a matter of setting up. Any one done things wants to teach me willing to pay provided it can do this.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    No.
    Based on what you have stated, QB will NOT track it the way you are looking for.
    You cannot track 4 (multiple) currencies in to any single account. That is not the way it works. You have to create accounts and assign a currency to them. Same thing with customers.
    p.s. you dork gamers are really cutting edge with that XP technology... lol

Top Bottom