• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Your personal SB? Good. Looking forward to squeezing off a few rounds with you. We'll match up my Kimber against your SB. Think you are up for that, darlin'?

Great report, JG. You didn't disappoint. :):

Last edited:

HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    Wanted to go SOOO BAD, but I was working. :tantrum: Thank, JetGirl, for taking my fiancée with you. She said she had a great time. And she didn't rub it in one bit...

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been to the facility several times, we'll make that more than five. Great group there and they are sticklers about the quality, fit and finish. Hopefully someday soon I too will be the proud owner of one of his products, but for now I sport several of his shirts and use the bushing tool on my Sig.

Next time you are in town, let me know, I live fifteen minutes from his facility and almost always have time to visit.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Impressive, I wouldn't mind a walk through, are there regular tours or did they just take you due to your outstanding reputation in the gun community? :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Impressive, I wouldn't mind a walk through, are there regular tours or did they just take you due to your outstanding reputation in the gun community? :)

One day, Jay (the prez) was in the shop where I work and introduced himself to our owner because we have SBfirearms in our display case. My boss came and got me to make sure I met him. I started asking him a zillion questions and in the middle of answering them all, he said, "why don't you just come and check things out for yourself and see the answers to your questions *in action*? You'd obviously enjoy it!"
    So I accepted. He said I could bring as many people as I wanted... I asked about 12 or so people and two went. (HistoryGuy's fiance and my co-worker, Lane).

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    JG, do you know anything else about SB as a company? Their website is pretty slim on company info. I'm just curious how long they've been in business. I've already built my gun on their website -- I just can't afford it! LOL

If you ever play tour guide again on something other than a freakin' MONDAY, do let me know. Just about any Thu-Sun I'm up for a road trip.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Looks like a great tour!! Sorry I couldn't go but with the schools closing yesterday I was able to spend the day with my kids and any more it seems like those days don't happen very often.

Look forward to see your finished shooter!!! Which one are you going with, that commander length American Patriot looks pretty sweet!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    JG, do you know anything else about SB as a company? Their website is pretty slim on company info.
    They're currently looking for someone to do their website. The person who was in charge of it never updated photos (like the hump gun still presides, etc..) and they have more options on that "build your virtual" than they did (for example, extended thumb safety paddles, etc.)...among other things.

Which one are you going with, that commander length American Patriot looks pretty sweet!!
    I whined about wanting a compact frame with a 4" barrel.
    grinning-smiley-006.gif

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    JG, do you know anything else about SB as a company? Their website is pretty slim on company info. I'm just curious how long they've been in business. I've already built my gun on their website -- I just can't afford it! LOL

If you ever play tour guide again on something other than a freakin' MONDAY, do let me know. Just about any Thu-Sun I'm up for a road trip.
    I'll see what's up with his schedule when it's time to pick mine up.
    If it lands on a Thursday - Sunday (and if he's free to take a little time), you meet me in Busco and I'll take you with me. You can ask him your questions yourself. :)
    Geez, I'm getting antsy about picking it up... I'm kind of an impatient person. I've tried to use the store's layaway payment schedule before (about three times before!) and the longest I've made it before changing my mind and just buying it outright to take it home was... nearly 24 hours.
    Jay has been really GREAT, though... he's emailing me each step he's doing and letting me know what they're waiting on next. That helps. He's a really nice guy! And clearly, all his employees love what they are doing... it shows.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I'll see what's up with his schedule when it's time to pick mine up.
    If it lands on a Thursday - Sunday (and if he's free to take a little time), you meet me in Busco and I'll take you with me. You can ask him your questions yourself. :)
    Geez, I'm getting antsy about picking it up... I'm kind of an impatient person. I've tried to use the store's layaway payment schedule before (about three times before!) and the longest I've made it before changing my mind and just buying it outright to take it home was... nearly 24 hours.
    Jay has been really GREAT, though... he's emailing me each step he's doing and letting me know what they're waiting on next. That helps. He's a really nice guy! And clearly, all his employees love what they are doing... it shows.

That's a deal. :)

You sound about as patient as I. It dawned on me over the weekend, as I was sorting brass and reloading ammo, that I was beginning to enjoy pulling the lever and making boolits. It's brainless ... stress-free (when the Dillon is cooperating) ... and I GET IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION! It took me 13 freakin' years to finish building an airplane for a reason -- I lost interest many times along the way because I got no gratification from the baby steps. I wanted to fly!

I can push out a big batch of shiny .45 ACP and feel that warm glow of satisfaction immediately ...

I'll look forward to seeing your baby within 24 hours of its birth. :laugh:

Top Bottom